Easter Holiday weather thread.

(67 Posts)

Will we have wall to wall sunshine or will we be digging Easter eggs out of snow drifts?

At the moment GFS goes up to Sat 12th April, so Easter weekend is not quite in the picture. However the first week of many peoples school hols (sat 5th April on) looks like a very typical April set up. Lots of showers, but some sunshine and temps into the low to mid teens.

At the end of that week into the next one (Easter Week) I'm not convinced there will be a sudden warm up -southern Europe doesnt seem very warm for that time of year, but there are some more promising temps building up in Eastern europe.

That is one model, a long way off yet. Thread will be updated.....

Funky it seems to be Wednesday that the weather looks to transition to unsettled.

whattoWHO Wed 09-Apr-14 22:13:56

Snap psychic! Fingers crossed for dry at least.

HesterShaw Wed 09-Apr-14 22:27:05

Ditto snap

Your all getting married? And nobody invited me? <harrumph>

hillbilly Wed 09-Apr-14 22:33:09

OMG I know camping season has started when I start looking at this thread! What hope for the south east for Easter weekend OYBBK?

psychicpaper Thu 10-Apr-14 06:34:20

OYBBK you would be more than welcome to come.

God knows a lot of RL people are dropping out with the most tedious excuses.

[bridezilla emoji]

funkybuddah Thu 10-Apr-14 07:11:12

Thank you oybbk. A few days niceness is fine by me. Will Make sure we do all outdoor stuff Mon/tue

That's rubbish of them psychic. Grrrrr.

Very very short of time, but its starting to look a bit more optimistic for the Easter Weekend. Good Friday looks dire still but there are hints of high pressure building. smile

HesterShaw Thu 10-Apr-14 09:48:53

Hurrah!

I'm going to London on Good Friday is it going to be wet, windy and cold? sad

What's weds and thurs looking like next week please when you have a chance smile

I always feel like I should thank you when the weathers nice wink

grin as LNG as you don't curse me when it's not!

At the moment Wednesday looks pretty nice but it depends on how quickly the transition comes in to Thursdays colder and more showery weather.

I will try not to grin

The road when do nearly got crushed by a tree still looks as bad as it did when it first happened. I'd love to show you (obviously can't!) but apart from the road itself it's just a line of carnage. Trees everywhere, power lines hanging down I still can't believe it!

digerd Fri 11-Apr-14 16:26:00

SE>
Today is lovely and 18 degrees in the shade. Sky white fluffy clouds and blue parts.
House isn't warm though yetsad

I cant believe how many trees have been left down round here either (though in not such a dramatic fashion as your dhs spot). Fences still crushed, paths blocked. Lots of logs around - we really need to get our act together!

Much improved picture for Easter weekend this am. Lots of sunshine and in the south warm. Til Easter Monday, then it goes pants for everyone.

Limited access to Internet over the next few days so I may not be able to answer most questions.

Good news oybbk smile hope you're off somewhere lovely

psychicpaper Sun 13-Apr-14 08:17:45

thanks oybbk, will keep my fingers crossed

Sparklingbrook Tue 15-Apr-14 15:19:57

I am thinking of getting the patio furniture out but having a dither now.

digerd Wed 16-Apr-14 06:36:28

SE

Last 2 mornings only +1 degrees and a slithering of frost on the lawns.
Heating still comes on in the morning and today it has another 1.5 degrees to go after being on an hour .
Been doing lots of pruning and tidying up in the garden recently but the wind is cold - northerly?

Hello smile

I see its a tale of two halves for many of us this weekend with Easter Sunday looking quite pants. <scientific>

Sparklingbrook Thu 17-Apr-14 11:03:43

No patio set then. <humph>

I saw that too. Perfect day for a roast at the in laws smile <bright side> dp is working Monday anyway so not bothered. Going to a fair tomorrow though so warm it up a bit please oybbk wink

digerd Thu 17-Apr-14 19:51:46

It was milder/warmer today, but they threaten for colder tomorrow confused. SE.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now