Daily Fail predicting heavy snow next week.

(26 Posts)
dingit Tue 07-Jan-14 13:57:08

Coming over from the good old US of A. Oybk, what do you make of it?

<joining the queue for the reply ...>

nipersvest Tue 07-Jan-14 14:01:43

is anywhere else reporting this or is it just the daily fail? it's just before xmas i saw their front page online, with 2 articles about the weather, one saying we were in for a big freeze (ie winter wink), the other saying we were very unlikely to have a white xmas due to the mild weather!

the don't seem to be able to do anything other than contradict themseleves in their reporting

Not bothered about snow, bring it on. I just want the fecking wind to stop blowing the fecking rain through my fecking tiles hmm

CaptainSweatPants Tue 07-Jan-14 14:02:55

Aaaarrrgghh! I hope not!

ReallyTired Tue 07-Jan-14 14:07:16

The met office suggests that might be snow on northen hills.

www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_weather.html

days 6 to 15.

BlueSkySunnyDay Tue 07-Jan-14 14:08:50

Colder next week, possibly snow in some areas. Weather patterns are all over the place at the moment so Daily Fail is jumping the gun a bit. Personally id be happy to be cold rather than wet

handcream Tue 07-Jan-14 14:10:01

There are certain lots of covert Daily Mail readers on MN's. There are always lots of quotes from the paper (not of course that anyone will admit to reading it!)

BlueSkySunnyDay Tue 07-Jan-14 14:17:51

I inherit someone elses daily newspaper - its definately a low brow tabloid, I certainly would spend money on a paper when I can get all I need to know online/on tv

BlueSkySunnyDay Tue 07-Jan-14 14:18:43

I wouldnt spend money on a paper

Damn insomnia is making me crazy, think I need to be previewing today!

dingit Tue 07-Jan-14 14:26:07

It was on their front page, it caught my eye while waiting in Tescos for the rain to stop belting down so I could my shopping to the car!

stickysausages Tue 07-Jan-14 14:32:11

Secretly hopeful... I love snow!!

Coming from a paper who runs stories on how temperatures are set to plummet during winter! (Of course they bloody well do. Winter is always colder than summer you fuckwits). I can't take it too seriously.

ISeeYouShiverWithAntici Tue 07-Jan-14 14:36:59

again?

I've been waiting for it since november.

Sunny enough for sunglasses today.

Although they must be struggling for news. It May Snow In Winter.

Well, I never
grin

the express likes weather news

<thuds head on table at mail>

If we get snow next week it will be because of moist Atlantic air mixing with polar air drawn in from the north. It's not American snow storms making it across the atlantic unmodified.

There may be some snow, looking temporary and marginal at best. It looks colder but not especially cold. Northern England and Scotland look the most likely areas.

coffeeinbed Tue 07-Jan-14 21:28:19

I don't want any snow.
Arctic, American, Atlantic or the Daily Mail kind.

I love snow, I do, but as soon as we get an inch of it all grinds to a halt. It's wasted on us.

Looking a little more like snow next week. Will be updating the warnings thread this afternoon.

However this isn't the American snow storms and their polar vortex is not going to suddenly come over here. Any cold will come from roughly the north of us give or take a few degrees. Will splain more later.

hercules1 Wed 08-Jan-14 18:49:25

Adding myself in the hope of upcoming snow.

pinkkoala Wed 08-Jan-14 20:39:18

According to our local paper we are due snow next week, do you think this is correct. We are northants.

I'm updating snow potential in this thread smile sorry to sweep you up, but I get lost if I start updating multiple threads and then people get left out. Of course people are always entirely welcome to add their own thoughts and predictions to any thread they like!

hercules1 Wed 08-Jan-14 21:22:47

Thanks, kitten. Happy to be swept up!

HesterShaw Thu 09-Jan-14 11:21:20

The Daily Mail told us that the storm surges this week were caused by storms "coming in from the South Atlantic". Storms all the way from Patagonia - whatever next?

iklboo Thu 09-Jan-14 11:32:40

What? Immigrant snow? How dare it! Coming over here, blocking our roads & pavements.....

I hate snow. It means DH can't always work & we lose a fair bit of money.

ReallyTired Thu 09-Jan-14 13:51:11

"What? Immigrant snow? How dare it! Coming over here, blocking our roads & pavements....."

I got visions of UKIP telling snow clouds to go back to Poland or Romania! I think I prefer workshy British snow that doesn't settle. Polish snow would be a nightmare. Can you imagine, it would be proper snow!

Well, guess they were wrong!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now