So, just wondering if we are going to have this predicted freezing winter?

(15 Posts)
Orangeanddemons Fri 03-Jan-14 15:56:26

hmm. Because it's been the mildest here since 2006 so far. I know we haven't got to the end of winter yet, and it usually turns cold in Jan and Feb, but but... It has snowed every Winter here before Christmas since about 2008. And so far it has hardly got below freezing.

I have looked on that Exactaweather website, and it always says it's going to be cold....and it never ishmm

Marne Fri 03-Jan-14 16:02:14

Apparently it will get colder by the middle of the month but not sure if we will get much snow or any prolonged cold snaps.

I bought the dd's snow boots when I heard we would have a cold winter so I think its my fault, we will now get no snow and the snow boots and ski gloves (which I also bought) wont get any use grin. I am hoping though that a wet winter will mean a hot summer (got to look forward to something).

Orangeanddemons Fri 03-Jan-14 16:05:22

I bought frigging snow boots too. For me and dd. They had been worn to death this time last year. Currently languishing at back of cupboard.

Dd went out in crocs and no socks yesterday

Marne Fri 03-Jan-14 16:29:28

Glad I'm not the only one to go and buy snow boots grin, ours got used a lot last year, the dd's even had to wear them to school, looks like this years will be going on ebay next winter sad, I might need to buy them willies instead.

hercules1 Fri 03-Jan-14 21:58:25

I am not sure that would be appropriate, Marne! shock

hercules1 Fri 03-Jan-14 21:59:26

That's got to be the funniest mistype/autocorrect I've read on here.

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Fri 03-Jan-14 22:01:21

I love a nice warm willy.

Tigresswoods Fri 03-Jan-14 22:04:33

Wet willies?

hercules1 Fri 03-Jan-14 22:05:28

Best not to wear them to school though.

Marne Fri 03-Jan-14 22:07:59

Why does this keep happening to me? Bloody iPad and it's need to correct my spelling of wellies grin

shallweshop Fri 03-Jan-14 22:09:37

Marne make sure you get the right size willy - the wrong size is so uncomfortable!!

Marne Fri 03-Jan-14 22:13:32

Well at least we will get more use out of willies than we will snow boots blush and yes! size is important.

Etainagain Fri 03-Jan-14 22:18:45

Don't forget to buy some willy socks!

You need to change where you source your weather forecasts from.

HesterShaw Sun 05-Jan-14 10:59:57

I need some new willies too. My current ones are too small.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now