might sound stupid, but anyone else petrified of the wind?

(9 Posts)
tiamariaxxx Tue 24-Dec-13 00:52:24

Not as bad as i used to be but im a nervous wreck wit it wish it would get gone sad

fortyplus Tue 24-Dec-13 00:54:22

Just off to bed but it'll probably keep me awake! I'm sure it'll be fine - worst case scenario you might lose one or 2 tiles off the roof but that's simple to fix fsmile

tiamariaxxx Tue 24-Dec-13 00:57:51

Im such a worrier, always imagine something flying through the windows, or a tree or lampost crashing through, dont have much of a front garden and the amp posts dont half sway

TheBunsOfPanettone Tue 24-Dec-13 00:59:00

Less worried than I would have been if my roof hadn't been replaced recently but keen for it to hurry up and b*gger off. Hopefully it will soon.

Are you safe inside somewhere? I hope so.

The lights keep flickering and I really hope the electricity doesn't go - hanging on to the thought that it is pretty unlikely. But I don't fancy being in the dark in the middle of a storm particularly with the sinister shape of my drying onesie swinging gently too and fro on its hanger grin

tiamariaxxx Fri 27-Dec-13 23:18:36

Proper fed up of this wind now its never ending sad

TheBunsOfPanettone Fri 27-Dec-13 23:34:11

Sorry to hear it's still stormy where you are.

The night you started this thread was the worst I remember in years, far worse than the much vaunted October storm. Thankfully it's quiet here now and I hope will be quiet where you are soon.

tiamariaxxx Fri 27-Dec-13 23:37:24

Its horrible its been every night since i started this , it usually dies down through the day but todays been terrible bin blew over in carden had loads of wrapping paper to pick up not fun at all lol.

curlew Fri 27-Dec-13 23:39:07

Ds and I hate it. Dp and dd to out and stand in it, laughing. Ds and I hide under the a blanket on the sofa.

tiamariaxxx Fri 27-Dec-13 23:47:06

aw my eldest is very scared of it. The last day of school last week he was screeming all way to school was hard to try and keep old of his hand and my 3 year old and the double buggy lol, i just wanted to scoop him up in my arms and carry him obviously i couldnt though sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now