Possible severe gales - part 3

(183 Posts)

OYBBK really needs a generator!!!!

Hope everyone is safe......

this is where I've been updating to try and make it clear its new weather.

Unfortunately the storm is still there on the GFS and I put this in the wrong thread last night. Grr.

digerd Thu 31-Oct-13 07:21:32

That was better last night. 12 degrees atm but seems to have rained.
Hope that storm for the south again this weekend is a mistake?
Hope little dog will be OK sleeping on her own during the fireworks <worried face>

Latest GFS has gales over the south Saturday evening now.
Go away little storm, we want fireworks.
Fortunately the other models aren't developing it for say in the same way and Sunday seems quite benign.

Thanks Gloria.

GloriaSmud Wed 30-Oct-13 14:43:58

An early warning from the metoffice for heavy rain in the south, for Friday/Saturday.

digerd Wed 30-Oct-13 12:32:02

That's a relief. My heating took 3 hours to get from 17 -21 degrees this morning and back on since the sun moved round and off my window.sad 14 in the shade

I love cloudy nights as always milder in the winter. Then for the clouds to clear in the morning{smile}

It's just for today smile warming through the day and staying that way.

digerd Wed 30-Oct-13 07:08:38

Where has this near freezing air temperature come from and is it to stay? It is way too soon sad

LtAllHallowsEve Wed 30-Oct-13 07:01:08

Still in a caravan in Weston Super Mare (glutton for punishment). Yesterday was breezy but dry, but last night we had torrential rain again for an hour or so.

It's really bloody cold now, and there is frost on the grass. I wouldn't say that was usual for this time of year. I can't keep up with all the changes!

Not sure we will stay for the weekend if there is going to be another big storm. I need DD out of the 'van when I am shutting it down properly. Trying to do that in the rain/gale will be next to impossible.

digerd Wed 30-Oct-13 06:54:55

confused. Only 1 degree in the night and only 2 now ? Clear sky but what is going on? Winter already and so suddenly after the mild storm?brrrr. grrrr.

GloriaSmud Wed 30-Oct-13 06:38:38

I've just read IAm's posts at the end of the thread ~ he/she so wanted to be the one to do the last few posts. I think that's the first time a thread in the 'weather department' has got to 1000 posts!

We need IamChristmas to come and finish this thread off tidily like they've done in part 2!

You are really welcome WorkingItOut smile

d&p. What a pain for your partner. He could always work off his boredom with a mammoth cleaning session though!

What a sad ending to the life of the beachball sad

GloriaSmud Tue 29-Oct-13 10:26:20

DH and I were having a little chuckle about this giant beachball that made a bid for freedom in London.

Oh denial sad Hope power gets restored quickly.

Power still off in half our villagesad kids and I not there but dp cold and bored

digerd Tue 29-Oct-13 08:15:58

Lady in Jersey said all electrical cables are underground there , so protected from storm winds.
Why are ours not?confused

Come to think of it, I never saw electrical pylons and wires in Germany either.hmm.
Lovely sunny day, but went down to 5 degrees in the night here - winter is approaching. sad
Oh and the leaves in my garden have travelled long distancesconfused

Just wanted to say thank you to OYBBK for your sterling workgrin.

Yay Ilove!
Timed it well, meal out and then home to mn!

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Mon 28-Oct-13 22:18:50

Our power has only just come back on. Tree on the edge of the village took the power line down. Bless those lovely electric men for being out all day fixing it.

Had a lovely Indian meal at the restaurant in town tonight though as we couldn't cook at home. Result!

That's brilliant Fenton, I'm so pleased smile

Pepper, blimey, that's a long old outage!

pepperrabbit Mon 28-Oct-13 20:19:46

Well we have just got our power back properly after 28 hours. In a holiday cottage so has been a bit trying. Catching up on what has happened via these threads! Seen a few big old trees down in our travels (to find me a cup of tea blush) and still seems really windy.
Off to find the thread about next weekend now!

OhAntiChristFENTON Mon 28-Oct-13 20:11:54

You're a superstar OYBBK, damage limited here due to heeding warnings.

Thank you flowers

thank you smile

helzapoppin2 Mon 28-Oct-13 18:33:29

It was spam and nothing to do with the weather!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now