Possible severe gales - part 3

(183 Posts)

OYBBK really needs a generator!!!!

Hope everyone is safe......

mrsWast Mon 28-Oct-13 08:17:56

blowing an absolute fucking hoolie here on the Suffolk coast. A14 is closed from Copdock right down to Seven Hills - Orwell Bridge obviously not a very safe place to be this morning.

lamposts swaying, leaves everywhere and i swear my house just shook o_0

Bramblesinforrin Mon 28-Oct-13 08:18:32

Very calm here in cheshire

fuzzypicklehead Mon 28-Oct-13 08:19:27

I'm on the cambs/norfolk border and woke up to an unexpected pond in my back garden. Wheelie bins were collected, and by the time I had got my coat and gone out to fetch it, it was horizontal. I had to chase it down the road. But not too bad otherwise.

AnyFuckerForAScone Mon 28-Oct-13 08:19:29

South Warwickshire - not as bad as I had thought - phew! It was very very gusty last night, we have had a lot of rain and the barometer is as low as it can go (960!) but apart from the occasional gust it seems pretty quiet here.

Greenandcabbagelooking Mon 28-Oct-13 08:20:08

Seems to be calming down a bit. One of the trees is bending 45 degrees over though...

MakeMeJumpIntoTheAir Mon 28-Oct-13 08:24:07

Spooky Teacakes, where abouts in Sussex are you?

MeAndMySpoon Mon 28-Oct-13 08:26:42

Anyone in the Reading area? DH has to go in to work soon and I've been asking him to go in as late as he can (am in South Ox) - he basically has to drive through thickly wooded areas to get to Reading, which is south of here, whichever way he goes! The worst has definitely passed and we're minus a fence panel but nothing worse, but I'm concerned about weakened trees on his route.

Greenandcabbagelooking Mon 28-Oct-13 08:28:23

Spoke too soon! Our neighbour's France has come down, along with a tree. Our garden looks okay.

Greenandcabbagelooking Mon 28-Oct-13 08:28:51

Or even their FENCE! Stupid autocorrect.

signet Mon 28-Oct-13 08:29:24

I'm in Reading. Barely any wind here now and no reports of road closures. Have just been out and haven't seen so much as a bin fallen down!

BlackeyedSusan Mon 28-Oct-13 08:32:26

w mids only a slight breeze here. and a bit damp. the typing may be a bit wonky as ds is forcing his way up between my arms!

SimLondon Mon 28-Oct-13 08:32:31

Local radio reporting that the helter skelter at clacton pier has blown down also the travel lodge roof in Chelmsford is precarious.

babySophieRose Mon 28-Oct-13 08:33:34

Calming down, one tree down, two panels of the fence also down. Hertfordshire

Am off to investigate southeastern trains smile wish me luck!

CatAmongThePigeons Mon 28-Oct-13 08:36:32

It's calm here this morning. Minor damage to our onions, but that is it. It's a gorgeous morning, blue skies, sunshine and a gentle breeze. Looks like we were well protected by the hills.

Plomino Mon 28-Oct-13 08:36:43

fuzzy you can't be very far from me ! Just watched my neighbour's feed buckets sailing down the road , with her in hot pursuit . I'd have let them go !

cloudskitchen Mon 28-Oct-13 08:37:52

Got my washing on the line. Might as well make use of the remaining wind and sun shine grin

TeWiSavesTheDay Mon 28-Oct-13 08:38:00

Everything seems fine in south northants. I heard the wind last night, but either our street was sheltered or the worst missed our town.

SpookyTeacakes Mon 28-Oct-13 08:38:01

I'm on the Sussex/surrey border between Haslemere and Petworth smile

Bunraku Mon 28-Oct-13 08:38:16

According to itv most of the midlands has missed it

waikikamookau Mon 28-Oct-13 08:39:44

sent dd out for her paper round in east sussex, without her bike for safety, then felt guilty and went to find her, saw a couple of fence panels blown down and my neighbours bins all lying down and a tree down,
apparently there are lots of trees down - oh and my dd was fine

MeAndMySpoon Mon 28-Oct-13 08:42:22

Thanks, Signet! I'm still worried about DH's route in, but it sounds a lot calmer than I was fearing.

Dillydollydaydream Mon 28-Oct-13 08:45:00

V v v windy here in norfolk. The lights have flickered a few times but power is holding on!

Helenagrace Mon 28-Oct-13 08:45:32

Bright sunshine here on the West Sussex coast. Still blowy. A few trees down and I've just heard that trains will run from 10am.

A friend just posted a picture of damage done to her car by someone's unsecured trampolinehmm

Clutterbugsmum Mon 28-Oct-13 08:45:42

Yes as Oldboots, said it's quite in Luton.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now