Say it isn't so......

(17 Posts)
ElbowPrincess Sat 12-Oct-13 14:15:45
duckyfuzz Sat 12-Oct-13 14:25:32

Usually the express get it completely wrong, so perhaps that is a good news article (clinging to glimmer of hope!)

headlesslambrini Sat 12-Oct-13 14:33:57

on the up side though we can all start panic buying! I love panic buying, makes it a little like Christmas when you get home and start unpacking.

On the bright side Sparkling, you have just given me the nudge I need to go and buy some new winter boots.

Every cloud and that....

magimedi Sat 12-Oct-13 15:15:50

If you remember back to May the Met Office were saying that we were going to have cold wet summers for the next decade.

None of the long term forecasts are that accurate.

Old MotherMedi (moi) reckons it's going to be an average & wet winter. Based on law of averages!

Bugger and arse I really hope that Express article is just scaremongering. I'm moving house at the end of November.

It can snow all it likes on 1st December though

ChippingInNeedsSleepAndCoffee Sat 12-Oct-13 15:34:37

DailyExpress - need I say more?

Every Single Year Without Fail they say it's going to be the worst winter since weather has been recorded...

The gritters are on 'stand-by' that's all.

Now, if you want some facts about the upcoming winter, you'd do well to ask OYBBK her opinion, though I suspect she will say it's too early to tell...

I actually hope they're right - I love proper weather. I have boots, ice grips, de-icer, winter tyres, ice salt, snow shovel... skipants, gloves, hats, scarves.... I am ready Bring it on! grin <Might need a new snow jacket though?! Ponders>

But just for you Woolly - I can wait until you have moved smile

Chipping is exactly right with regards to the express. Check out the snowmagedon thread which has my latest random thoughts. I'll update in a day or two (I'm away from home at the moment)

It will just be sop that the gritters come on stand by mid October each year.

GreenShadow Sat 12-Oct-13 17:31:08

Gritters and Winter Action Plans are automatically on 'stand by' from 1st Oct here. Standard practice.

Thanks green smile

Phew. Just standby then. <puts sledge away again>

KatyPutTheCuttleOn Sun 20-Oct-13 13:16:50

Sparkling ignore it, we don't get snow until December! it's sunny and my laundry is drying on the line. It's still summer when I can dry laundry on the line - two loads dry so far today smile

It is nice today Katy, and we escaped the tornado that was forecast. smile

KatyPutTheCuttleOn Sun 20-Oct-13 13:36:29

Did you happen to see the tornado cloud oh, a couple of years ago now? I got a picture of it on my phone but i think I've deleted it.

No I missed that. Typical. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now