Hip Hip Hooray, the sun is coming back (hopefully)

(25 Posts)

No Gwendoline. Those are naughty thoughts. We need lots more sunshine.

Finally came out at about 1pm. Then it was lovely smile

digerd Tue 24-Sep-13 16:22:20

Couldn't wait for the sun to ome out so took dog out at 11am and it was still a bit misty, but OK - not cold and not muggy.
Sun came out at 12.45, but can't do any gardening as have to save myself for dancing tomorrow morning. < got knackered knee/hip and hamstrings , not to mention the thigh muscles which have gone AWOL >.

It's 20 degrees out in the shade, but remember how hot and tiring it used to be when much younger going round the shops trying on anything, never mind winter coats. I have enough to last me a life-time and all on home delivery service. Much more relaxingsmile
I've just got to decide what to wear for the 5.45pm dog walk.

Fucksake. Have had to root out my flipflops again angry. How am I meant to winter coat shop in a bloody heat wave? I'm frizzled and I hate it. Piss off sunshine, your time is over.

GloriaSmud Tue 24-Sep-13 14:30:08

After a few days of dullness the sun has finally broken through here (Leicester) and we're up to 21.1C. I'm taking advantage of these few dry days and giving the allotment a much needed dig over.

digerd Tue 24-Sep-13 09:24:37

Still misty and waiting for it to clear before taking dog for a walk. I'm lucky she has a bladder of steel, < but did unusually drink lots just before bedtime last nighthmm> 12 degrees atm

digerd Tue 24-Sep-13 09:20:35

Ooh, damp plaster inside the house does not sound good.
Something else has happened to my outside window panes - they've been full of condensation < albeit the new ones only with this extra outside coating - Low E>. In the evening when it was 13 degrees, and then in the morning only at the same temp. But we'd had no rainconfused. Had them 5 years and this happened only around/under freezing point until now.
My old patio doors on the same wall are clearconfused again.

It's a rubbish warm spell this isn't it! So damp and cloudy in many parts of the south. I've got plaster that I need to be dry so I can paint it and rescue the house from chaos and it is just sitting there as damp as can be. grrrrrr. angry

And then saturday the rain returns.

digerd Tue 24-Sep-13 07:09:27

We also had a very mild last few days in SE, but not much sun and still very humid with no air movement. My Asthma is playing up and developed a horrible cough making it difficult to breathe.
To boot, this morning is all foggy and still no breeze. Could mean a sunny day later . But I desparately need some fresh crisp air.

BlackeyedSusan Mon 23-Sep-13 23:05:50

phew. it was so hot on sunday that i had to go and sit in the shade.

the children were happy for ages in the paddling pool. thanks to oybbk's thread i managed to head up to mums and make the most of the weather!

Warmer than here - 16.7c

Sadly it looks like persistent cloud is going to be the fly in the ointment but I did work outside in my t shirt this afternoon.

Perihelion Sat 21-Sep-13 21:38:50

17.8C in my garden in Edinburgh right now in the dark. So weird, just getting used to the idea of coldness and even wore my winter coat on Thursday.

smile

Models are a bit differing in the sort of temperatures we will see. Somewhere around 20C for a lot of England and Wales, but if the cloud cover clears early enough in the day, perhaps 23-24C early next week.

The sad news is that the models all have this breaking down by next weekend at the moment sad

Monty27 Tue 17-Sep-13 22:55:23

Yeehah! I've got two weeks off after Friday. The last fortnight off I had was in the heatwave.

So so happy to hear this OYBBK grin

I'm ok at the moment. Hot bath, thick dressing gown, wooly socks and two cats draped across me! grin

GloriaSmud Tue 17-Sep-13 21:17:32

The temperature dropped to 9.5C around 1pm. DH came home for dinner and said it was cold enough to put the heating on ~ and this is from someone that doesn't feel the cold! Heating doesn't go on until at least the last week of October in this house <joins OYBBK in determination to get used to it and general stubbornness. Shivers>

I would love some crispness too OYBBK.

Crisp autumn weather? It's peeing down here!

Snapespeare Tue 17-Sep-13 19:25:42

I want one last beach day! Come on sunny Sunday!

funkybuddah Tue 17-Sep-13 19:23:46

Wow I must be the only one who likes the crisp autumn weather sad I dont want it to get up to mid 20's, dry and crisp is what I like, its been lovely.

It's peed it down all day today (Worcestershire) so miserable.

Im really cold too. I'm not putting my heating on. I'm determined to get used to this. <stubborn>

GloriaSmud Tue 17-Sep-13 12:01:41

Yippee summer could be returning for a bit. I'm so cold today, it's 10.9C here and I've already got a winter vest on!

It is!

I guess my advice to gardeners is dont panic yet and pick all your apples and tomatoes as there's ripening weather to come!

leesmum Tue 17-Sep-13 09:50:25

Ohhh fab news kitten cos this week looks like being a bit bobbins x

brrrrrrrrrr.

Looks like things are going to warm up for the majority of England and Wales (and a little bit for Scotland) as we go through the weekend and into next week as high pressure settles over the south drawing in warm (but moist) air.

Temperatures could reach the low to mid 20's, especially in central England. One caveat to that is that mist and fog way well form at night and be slow to clear. This could suppress the temperatures substantially for some. Where it does clear temps should rise pretty quickly.

Hooray!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now