Did I dream this? Is the heatwave coming back??

(17 Posts)
fatsatsuma Fri 09-Aug-13 12:04:21

I agree - 28 degrees - or even 24 degrees actually - is a lovely summer's day - as long as the sun shines grin

Which experts is the question you have to ask yourself. Just think about how inaccurate some of the tabloids are and you'll know the standard of expert they are bringing out. Interestingly though, the met office are talking about 'locally warmer' weather for a time in the south later in the month.

INeedSomeHelp Fri 09-Aug-13 07:38:30

I'm in Scotland and they said on the radio the other day that experts were predicting the heatwave would return and we may not have had the hottest day of the year yet.
No timescales were given unfortunately though.

I guess it depends on the definition of heatwave! In the south I'd call 28c a nice summer!
Fatsatsuma, you are indeed correct, the last heatwave didn't give us much notice.

we are in the south east and the heat wave never really stopped apart from Wednesday when it was a bit cloudy.
it was 28 yesterday and too hot to sit directly in the sun.

lolalotta Fri 09-Aug-13 06:39:03

Please, NOOOOOOOOOOO! My baby isn't due until the 29th August.... :-S

digerd Fri 09-Aug-13 06:12:32

17 degrees minimum last night as was cloudy, but now sky is clearing like yesterday. It was really warm last night at 6pm. SE. Still 17 degrees atm

fatsatsuma Thu 08-Aug-13 23:39:53

Gloria and OYBBK thanks for looking at the models/charts. If I remember correctly, the first I heard about the last heatwave was a thread OYBBK started only a couple of days before it arrived. So it's not surprising really that this is too far off to be accurately predictable. I just hope that whoever started the rumour turns out to be correct. It's amazing that it gets quoted in the media as fact when there appears to be no factual basis for it at the moment.

TheSecondComing Thu 08-Aug-13 23:23:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

I can't find any real evidence to support this in the models at this point in time and I've looked at a few!

MirandaWest Thu 08-Aug-13 22:40:50

There was another thread today which said the Express said it would get hot again. Think they may be being hopeful tbh

It had better bloody not come near me angry we're only just letting the fan get some peace and using part of the duvet again! Saying that I'll not be pregnant next week so maybe I could handle it .. and dd2 does have some lovely summer dresses/short sets I'd like to get use of before she grows unless she is too big to begin with

My hormones are too varied to decide grin

TheSecondComing Thu 08-Aug-13 22:20:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Moodykat Thu 08-Aug-13 22:16:56

I hope it does come back - am camping for a week from 19th and would love it to be hot!

GloriaSmud Thu 08-Aug-13 20:55:43

The chart I just looked at gave a 24C for next Thursday and that was only for the middle of the country. The only places I can see 36C is over Europe way.
Does seem to be cooling off a bit at the moment though ~ my weather station says it was 8C at 5.54am this morning shock

digerd Thu 08-Aug-13 16:41:30

We have 25 in the shade and no breeze. Too warm for me to do any gardening or activity. 36 would be intolerable if no fresh breeze and humid again as it was before. Was fine this morning.
Haven't heard anything.
Felt quite Septemberish this morning at 6.30, and the sun doesn't have its intense heat today.

fatsatsuma Thu 08-Aug-13 13:17:46

I thought I heard someone on the radio this morning saying that it might reach 36 degrees somewhere at the end of next week. Was this a hallucination? Was surrounded by noisy DCs so couldn't concentrate properly on this crucial news flash angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now