who's the most reliable long range weather forecaster?

(13 Posts)

After tomorrow!!!

fatsatsuma Sun 04-Aug-13 18:37:04

Thank you so much. I'm more interested in next week and the week after that so I think I can cautiously say you've given me good news smile

fatsatsuma, looking pretty unsettled especially to start. Could be some flooding tomorrow. After this week I'm hopeful (for you!) that the rain will move north of pembrokshire. Temps generally vary from cool on the wet days to low to mid 20's on the sunnier days. GFS goes out to the 20th so I run out of forecasting after that!

fatsatsuma Sun 04-Aug-13 09:39:16

OYBBK is definitely the best long range forecaster! grin

Um, kitten, after that gratuitous compliment, can I be really cheeky and ask your opinion on Pembrokeshire for the next few weeks? (We come home just before the Bank Hol weekend).

digerd Wed 31-Jul-13 06:18:08

Rained most of the day yesterday. Sky just breaking up clouds atm. 17 degrees.

QuintessentiallyOhDear Tue 30-Jul-13 08:40:32

http://www.yr.no/

It is a Norwegian service, but the meterological institute in Norway is pretty good. I find it most accurate for Britain.

digerd Tue 30-Jul-13 08:37:55

Night temps not changing much. Was 16 throughout the heatwave and 15 last night. But only 17 now and grey and gloomy and no sign of changing so far. The low pressure is winning here in S. Herts.

Lol blackeyedsusan - grin except when I get it spectacularly wrong.

The GFS model goes out to the 14th aug. shows a similar picture to now really with low pressures rubbing up against European heat. Sunshine, showers and storms.

BlackeyedSusan Mon 29-Jul-13 11:41:44

oybbk of course!

meatloaf Sun 28-Jul-13 22:19:22

ie - how much rain wink

meatloaf Sun 28-Jul-13 22:19:07

Looking to see generally what it will be like when I go camping in Cornwall in 2 weeks time.

What sort of detail are you looking for and for how long in advance?

meatloaf Sun 28-Jul-13 22:16:25

that's it really, where should I be looking?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now