...is the hot, sunny weather coming back? <<crosses fingers>>

(30 Posts)
Meglet Fri 26-Jul-13 19:52:07

I know it's not exactly cold today but we've got an awful lot of rain forecast over the next few days.

So, all those clever model watchers out there, is there any potential for another decent stretch of hot sunny weather?

Still looking hot in central and eastern areas from Thursday but it might not last long, with temps dipping back to the low to mid 20s.

HesterShaw Sun 28-Jul-13 19:40:28

I know! It's totally arse about tit!

happyreindeer Sun 28-Jul-13 17:44:31

God forbid we Scottish or Irish should have nice weather!

digerd Sun 28-Jul-13 17:36:55

It turned out lovely here in S.Herts. Just a little shower once ,otherwise sunny and nice and fresh - not humid or suffocating as it has been.

Lilyloo Sun 28-Jul-13 17:28:29

I hope so we are camping for a few days at the end of next week

HesterShaw Sun 28-Jul-13 17:11:01

Cornwall looks like almost the only place to have crap weather next week I'm afraid. Even the damn Highlands of Scotland and Ireland look much better.

digerd Sat 27-Jul-13 20:03:21

It was just a light drizzzle when I got home from dog walk. Decided I couldn't be bothered to water the garden smile

No thunder yet-just peeing it down. sad

digerd Sat 27-Jul-13 19:58:07

Now more thunder and louder, but still no wind.

digerd Sat 27-Jul-13 19:56:02

Just heard a clap of thunderhmm

takeaway2 Sat 27-Jul-13 19:54:58

Heavy rain and thunderstorms and lightning. Welcomed for the grass that was looking decidedly yellow and brown. Kent.

digerd Sat 27-Jul-13 19:51:54

It's been raining here for the last 45 minutes, but no storm just steady rain. S.Herts. 22 degrees now.

It's raining here in Worcestershire. <sigh>

Mirage Sat 27-Jul-13 18:25:42

We got back from North Norfolk today and thunder/rain was forecast all week.We had only one rain shower which had gone before breakfast.Back in Leics it it humid and very hot.Apparently there were bad storms here which knocked the power out and blew up my cousin's meter.

cece Sat 27-Jul-13 18:00:11

Surrey here and still no rain - not sure whether to go out now or not?! It's a long walk home in the wet.

digerd Sat 27-Jul-13 17:17:31

Just dropped 2 degrees and we have a few drops of rain but no dark sky.

digerd Sat 27-Jul-13 17:14:25

SE
Looking more and more ominous for rain. We used to have the lull before the storm but we've had a lull for weeks now. hmm
It's very quiet - no birds tweeting. Could that be the 'lull'?
Just want some fresh air !!

TeWiSavesTheDay Sat 27-Jul-13 17:11:48

Forecast today was rain (central England) but it's stayed warm and dry all day.

From comparing with met office it seems a lot of the rain is low probability, but obviously they have to forecast it...

cece Sat 27-Jul-13 17:10:21

I'm camping in Somerset next week - please tell me it will be warm and dry?!

Well, it won't be wall to wall rain...... But it does look unsettled I'm afraid.

Meglet Sat 27-Jul-13 17:08:35

One day I'll learn how to read the model-thingumy-bobs myself, instead of asking on here blush.

ihatethecold Sat 27-Jul-13 16:55:02

OYBBK
What about Cornwall this week,

It always rains when we go to Cornwall hmmconfusedblush

Meglet Sat 27-Jul-13 16:51:17

Actually, it is humid today isn't it (Hampshire). I managed to get to the gym earlier, the air con was very much appreciated.

digerd Sat 27-Jul-13 16:34:17

hmm. This humidity is drowning the little old grey cells.

digerd Sat 27-Jul-13 16:33:04

My weather forecast for today in paper was 21 degrees. It is 27 atm, has lightly clouded over and the humidity made me feel dizzy when I just went out into garden to do something.
I'm staying indoors until it cools down, hopefully, or a cool breeze comes up]hmm] SE

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now