Weather warnings for this weekend

(113 Posts)
GloriaSmud Fri 26-Jul-13 10:49:11

issued by the metoffice.
Heavy rain/thunderstorms coming up from France, moving in from the east. Bit of uncertainty how far west/north it might move so warnings could change.

Thunder and lightning!

youarewinning Sun 28-Jul-13 21:14:21

YAY grin

After a very dark evening and feeling very muggy we finally have our thunderstorm - I've waited a week for ours envy

digerd Sun 28-Jul-13 17:40:22

Had a shower about 4pm, but didn't last long and been sunny and fresh otherwise. 23 atm

CPtart Sun 28-Jul-13 17:12:17

Camped out through ten hours of constant rain ( torrential at times) last night in Cumbria. Interesting to say the least!

PseudoBadger Sun 28-Jul-13 16:50:12

Had some heavy showers this afternoon in N London. Might have heard a rumble of thunder but can't be certain.

BlackeyedSusan Sun 28-Jul-13 16:40:34

thunder storms are picking up again. ireland looks colourful! we haave some lovely big clouds but they ae all floating off north before developing!

required steadily between seven and nine yesterday then cleared up and party continued.tent flooded though so I came homegrin

We had torrential rain for hours overnight ( vaguely aware every time I woke ( which was lots) that it was still raining!)

I am going camping today!

Not sure whether to grin or sad

GloriaSmud Sun 28-Jul-13 11:12:53

Reports of flooding around Leicester and Leicestershire.

digerd Sun 28-Jul-13 10:11:10

Sunny here now, the clouds buzzed off or broke up, and there is still a fresh breeze. S.Herts. Very nicesmile

GloriaSmud Sun 28-Jul-13 09:37:25

Torrential rain overnight and we've had 26.4mm of rain in the last 24hrs.
Sunny and breezy this morning ~ 21C here (Leicester)

Still no rain here in Cornwall although after a beautiful sunny evening last night it is now quite windy here this morning with some cloud.

awaywego1 Sun 28-Jul-13 09:05:08

Rained for 10 hours straight in south yorks!

digerd Sun 28-Jul-13 06:57:23

Within 5 minutes of my previous post, it had clouded over. Lots of cloud moving at high speed from the south, but also sunny spells. Best of all was a strong fresh breeze smile < and cool at 6.30>

digerd Sun 28-Jul-13 06:17:23

SE
Not much rain in my bucket from last evening/night. Sunny again this morning and still very humid with no breeze confused

BlackeyedSusan Sun 28-Jul-13 00:16:47

w mids. lots of rain this evening.

youarewinning Sat 27-Jul-13 23:02:57

Mine says temp is 17.4c and 3mm of rain!

youarewinning Sat 27-Jul-13 23:00:28

Yes definitely cooler - which is refreshing grin

I will google my nearest online station - I'm sure I can work out how!

alcibiades Sat 27-Jul-13 21:35:39

Rooners - well, as it was Brian Blessed's pond you were swimming in, you were probably safe. With his booming voice, he'd have been able to scare off the thunder gods. wink

youarewinning - from my nearest online weather station, we've had 1.8 mm over the last three hours. And the temperature dropped from around 26 C to 16 C, and is now holding steady. Which is a lot better than recently.

digerd Sat 27-Jul-13 21:16:32

S.Herts
Rain started about 7.15 with a few thunder claps but saw no lightning and heard no wind. Just now heard distant rumblings like a plane after thinking it had moved awayhmm. 20 degrees now and rain not so heavy atm.

EeTraceyluv Sat 27-Jul-13 20:53:03

Started about 10 minutes ago here. Heavy rain, two claps of thunder so far..

Rooners Sat 27-Jul-13 20:34:03

thanks guys shock

I'm sure I was swimming in Brian Blessed's pond in a storm when I was about 18. Naked It was glorious, but oh dear. Lucky escape!

youarewinning Sat 27-Jul-13 20:29:40

Alcibiades We had prolonged rain but not heavy - also southern hants. Has cooled it down tho grin

alcibiades Sat 27-Jul-13 20:23:06

We've not had much rain here in my bit of southern Hampshire. The rain system seem to split just before it got here and went either side.

alcibiades Sat 27-Jul-13 20:20:44

Rooners - I think the problem with swimming in a thunderstorm is that if there's a lightning strike, the electrical charge travels very far through the body of water and electrocutes anything in the water.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now