Weather warnings for this weekend

(113 Posts)
GloriaSmud Fri 26-Jul-13 10:49:11

issued by the metoffice.
Heavy rain/thunderstorms coming up from France, moving in from the east. Bit of uncertainty how far west/north it might move so warnings could change.

Woah! Huge rain area coming in off the south coast. Caen and Le Havre fairly active in terms of lightning strikes.

D&p no chance that it will miss you tonight. Sorry.

The eastern storm near Suffolk is thinning nicely for those with outdoor events. Will be short and sharp before the next band comes in later. The western side is looking rather more prolonged and problematic.

BIWI Cote D'Ivoire Sat 27-Jul-13 16:04:54

Rain just arrived in SW19.

pipsqueakz Sat 27-Jul-13 16:28:07

Absolutely persisting it down here in north somerset! Did manage to dry a load of washing earlier before the massive cloud burst! Its a very big cloud at that.

thekingfisher Sat 27-Jul-13 16:31:54

wind picking up here ( Between Colchester and Sudbury) def cloud building but sun still present...Temps have dropped which is good as I was gardening in my underwear it was so hot and sticky

bugger, such is life, tents up now let's hope it's waterproof, party is not far from home and we don't drink so can always abandon ship.

TwasBrillig Sat 27-Jul-13 16:40:12

Dorset here. Some rain . I want my thunderstorm! We keep missing out!

I can see why the met office have warnings out, many of us across England are in for a deluge this evening.

MrsSalvoMontalbano Sat 27-Jul-13 16:50:09

the rain has suddenly come down large in SW14 where I had left the car roof down grin

KatyMac Sat 27-Jul-13 16:52:35

We have had a cool misty day (just south of the broads)

But locally we are expecting flooding (apparently) does that sound right?

KFFOREVER Sat 27-Jul-13 17:01:22

mrs- does that mean its on its way to SE london or will we miss it.

SE London will certainly see some heavy rain later.

Katymac, yes. It could be heavy enough for flooding.
MrsS - oops!
KF, when I say later, I don't mean much later. Sort of soon really.

magimedi Argentina Sat 27-Jul-13 17:06:22

East Sussex coast - had some rain & a few claps of thunder about 2pm. Then it brightened (& I got a swim on the high tide - yay) & now gone very cloudy, still & humid.

AugustaProdworthy Sat 27-Jul-13 17:06:46

Please rain soon here! It's still 28 degrees according to the car and way too humid. (Cambs)

KatyMac Sat 27-Jul-13 17:10:41

Oh Joy!

At least I live on a hill not many people in Norfolk can say that

KFFOREVER Sat 27-Jul-13 17:11:24

Im eagerly waiting by the window for the storm to start.

Magimed - make the most of the interlude!

Our temp has dropped hugely over the past two hours. It feels ready to rain, but not in an exciting way.

I like it better when you can see huge cumulonimbus piling in onto a blue sky and the sky goes all brassy and still apart from a low rumble on the edge of hearing.

Katymac - how true! You must be able to see very far grin

PseudoBadger Sat 27-Jul-13 17:16:39

That mass over northern France looks exciting! But will it dissipate like this first band? By the time it passed us in N London it was rather boring.

magimedi Argentina Sat 27-Jul-13 17:22:14

Interlude is over - just heard a rumble & it's gone v. misty.

Agree with you re the cunim, OYBBK.

KatyMac Sat 27-Jul-13 17:22:44

Well no, not really

In the rest of the country they would think it more of a sleeping policeman or a hump in the road.....my house is about 4 ft above the road and the end of the road is about 2 ft lower again with a pond - so rising water would have to rise a hell of a long way to hit my house and the other side of the pond is a field then a broad.....I know which way the water will flow wink

mummylin Sat 27-Jul-13 17:27:00

Tipping it down in Bournemouth no thunder or anything though

grin katymac.

So it's hit our shores then. I really hope it doesn't disintegrate like the other bands did earlier. I don't think it will. Desperately need the rain. I was weeding this afternoon and was having to carve the weeds out of the soil.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now