Keeping a beady weather eye on Thurs 25th

(116 Posts)

Will it break down or won't it......

Some of the models are going for a potentially thunderstormy break down on the 25th. (don't fear hot weather lovers, if this happens the heat may well return after a few days).

There is a small chance of things happening sooner than that - on Monday, but I'm not convinced by the models suggesting that.

Will keep things updated here.

HesterShaw Sat 20-Jul-13 11:53:38

I am not nearly as clever a forecaster as OYBBK, but every time I look at a forecast for here (SW Cornwall), it has changed. If the eye of the low pressure stays over us, it will be fairly still, but if it shifts just a little bit, we are going to get some strong wind. Sadly I think it's the second one.

NB I am obsessed with wind strength for operational reasons grin . Rain - not so much.

sparkling - Bologne looks lovely. Temp mid 20s and sunny. Bit of a coastal breeze.

Sparklingbrook Sat 20-Jul-13 18:24:46

Oh thank you OYBBK. Sounds good. they are having lunch on the beach so I'll tell him to take his trunks. grin Bit envy actually.

It's quite windy here now (Worcs) and the sun has come out finally.

Tuesday is looking pretty good for storms I reckon.

you are welcome sparkling smile he's a lucky lad! I like the seafood there (except the snotty oysters)

Sparklingbrook Sat 20-Jul-13 18:29:30

They have been told to go off in groups and order their lunch in French OYBBK. Would love to see that. grin

grin
I wonder if you can convince him that huitres are chips?

Sparklingbrook Sat 20-Jul-13 18:32:56

He has been looking up phrases that involve chips and meat OYBBK plus ice cream. I know he will just point. hmm Or get a girl to ask for him.

grin I hope he has a fab time.

ouryve Sat 20-Jul-13 23:14:17

Met office has forecasts for pissing down up here, on Wednesday.

It will be welcome - but best pick some backbreakingcurrants before then.

Sparklingbrook Sun 21-Jul-13 07:25:32

Thanks OYBBK. smile

Well....... it has rained here overnight. shock It is still drizzling. BBQ full of water and mt parasol looking soggy. What's going on?

There's a weather warning for us for Tuesday for rain, seems to cover most of England confused

GloriaSmud Sun 21-Jul-13 08:33:13

Cloudy and dull here (Leicester) but not especially cold ~ 16C.
We got back from holiday yesterday to discover that our cul-de-sac has 'spots' all over it, where last weeks hot weather has melted the surface. My weather station says the hottest temp last week was 33C last Sunday and Wednesday shock

Sparkling, if you are in the Sw it looks like some cells moved up from France.

The weather warnings are in relation to the potential for thunderstorms on tues/Wednesday. We have a low pressure move in, with associated weather fronts and this interacts with the hot air.

The nature of this warning means that most in a region may well not get very much rain, but there is potential for sudden deluges (as well as hail etc) if you get caught by a storm.

Same temps here Gloria smile some real issues with melting roads.

Sparklingbrook Sun 21-Jul-13 08:59:57

DS1 can blummin well take them back with him tomorrow OYBBK. grin We are Worcestershire, so they came a bit further up.

I am liking the sound of a deluge just not all summer long.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 21-Jul-13 09:43:53

What's likely to happen after our stormy few days OYBBK?

Back to dry and hot I hope!

IWIWMO sad the best guess I have at the moment is cooler (temps generally in the low 20s) and unsettled. None of the models show the heat building again sadly.

Maybe some decent thunderstorms tomorrow night for central southern England going into the midlands (plagiarised from a weather forum) smile

RippingYarns Sun 21-Jul-13 10:22:30

<shrieks>

Sounds like I'd better stake and tether the tomatoes after all

It is bound to be shit cooler for week of 29th, it's my birthday and DH and I have a 2 day pass without DD.

It would be typical if we had to spend it in the pub quaint tea shops

johnworf Sun 21-Jul-13 10:33:39

I was just reading this article about the summer being a washout. I really hope not. The sunny spells were brilliant.

That article doesn't say it's going to be a wash out, it says it could be. Which is true, or it might not be! We may end up with a week or two of cooler weather and then the heat returns.

TobyLerone Sun 21-Jul-13 10:54:36

How did I know that would be a DM link before I even clicked it? hmm

PeteCampbellsRecedingHairline Sun 21-Jul-13 11:08:45

All the weather forecasts are confusing me . They're all a bit different and changing.

Can't they just say they don't know?

This afternoon we were forecast rain but there are blue skies at the moment so I'm a bit hmm.

johnworf Sun 21-Jul-13 11:17:48

It was this one I was particularly interested in. I just hope the sun returns after the cooling down period.

I understand they can't forecast too far in front but hopefully this one is more accurate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now