How are you all coping with the heat?

(16 Posts)
HappyRexManningDay Sun 21-Jul-13 22:21:59

36 weeks pregnant, working full time and running around after a 20 month old. HATE this heat. Commuting in this weather when I rarely get a seat on the tube is disgusting as well.

Please please rain soon!!

EccentricElastic Mon 08-Jul-13 13:59:12

nannynewo I can thoroughly recommend it grin

Though I have to admit to the need to ignore all aches and pains today....and failing somewhat spectacularly!!!! Deep heat embrocation is my new best friend! shuffle and groan emoticon

digerd Mon 08-Jul-13 10:23:36

Yesterday, I was fine until I went out again at 3pm. After that I was flaked out until 7pm as there was NO SIGNIFICANT BREEZE.

Today there is a really fresh breeze and it is lovely.

nannynewo Sun 07-Jul-13 23:05:37

I am glad it's not just me that's feeling it. I try everything! I just feel so uncomfortable a lot of the time. I guess everyone copes with the heat differently. Some find it unbearable while others who don't get hot and sweaty as easily just love it.
I do love it (but mainly when I'm sat down reading a book - which doesn't happen very often since I love being out and about!)
Am going to hunt for the water spray tomorrow and possibly a new hat!

Even my floaty dresses seem too thick and heavy sad they aren't, I just feel hot aaaaaall the time sad

35 weeks pregnant, dying of the heat sad

Living on bottles of water, jugs of diluted lemon, tins of coke, bottles of j2o and rocket lollies.

Windows open, fan on, back door open, bump out grin still dying.

I Bloody hate summer!

nannynewo Sun 07-Jul-13 22:42:24

rockybalboa fair play to you! And great that you can catch a tan and relax! Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

EccentricElastic sounds very fun indeed! And happy birthday smile

nannynewo Sun 07-Jul-13 22:40:40

NormanTheForeman it was much hotter than 24 with us. Again, I am not complaining smile I do love the heat especially as it gives an excuse to head to the beach etc... I just found it quite difficult today when mowing the lawn and found it rather hot! Perhaps I should just 'man up' and enjoy the sun while it is here!

Wolfiefan Thanks for all the tips. Especially like the water spray. I must invest!

EccentricElastic Sun 07-Jul-13 22:35:19

Went out riding a motorbike, whilst wearing full leathers, boots/socks, helmet etc...... was soooooo hot!!! Didn't care though. It was awesome! Had my sleeve zips undone to get breeze up the arms of my jacket. Had the main zip of the jacket down to get a blast of air in there, and kept my visor up and sunglasses on!

Got home feeling filthy, but grinning from ear to ear....what a way to turn 50 today! Yippeeee! grin

rockybalboa Sun 07-Jul-13 22:34:56

I'm 39w pregnant and coping just fine, I've got a lovely tan! Suncream, lots of water and little breaks inside to cool down and elevate my ankles and all is good.

Wolfiefan Sun 07-Jul-13 22:31:29

Water spray (tesco do one!)
Water play
Hat
Sun cream
Sunglasses
Ice in drinks
Pop up tent/shelter on a long day out so kids can flop out in the shade (eg at festivals)
Water pistols
Sit in the shade
Cotton
Showers to cool off
(Used to have an air conditioner and fan when we lived in S East)

Coping with the heat? Really??? It was sunny all day and about 24 degrees here (Suffolk). That's pleasantly warm. I suppose it might be be bit hot if you had to do a lot of hard exercise in the sun or were heavily pregnant, but otherwise should be perfectly ok ...

nannynewo Sun 07-Jul-13 22:29:30

Good idea! It didn't help that I did the lawn at around 1pm (very hot) and wearing denim shorts schoolboy error
I shall definitely be wearing a cotton dress tomorrow and will avoid being outside during the hottest part of the day!

MrsHoarder Sun 07-Jul-13 22:26:12

Cotton dress, wide brimmed hat and staying in the shade during the hottest part of Tue day.

Having an east-facing garden helps too: no reflected heat after about 11am. I opened the front door to take the rubbish out early evening and was shocked at how much hotter the west-facing front was.

capercaillie Sun 07-Jul-13 22:23:30

I'm not coping well - don't like it this hot!!
I try and do outside things early in the morning or evening. Stay inside for hottest part or in the shade.
Wear sun hat all the time.

nannynewo Sun 07-Jul-13 22:20:04

Just wondered how everyone is coping with this heat? Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the weather and am happy to finally see some sun, but how do you deal with the discomfort of how hot it is?
I mean I spent 10 minutes in the garden this afternoon mowing the lawn and had to come in because I was sweating!!!
Any tips to keep cool or even to help stop (or just decrease) the sweating?
Thanks in advance - enjoy the sunshine smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now