Forecast for May Day weekend?

(79 Posts)
hillbilly Mon 22-Apr-13 13:27:10

OYBBK of course this is directed to you (and anyone else!).....we are hoping to camp in Buckinghamshire and I have everything crossed for dry weather. What's the chance of that?

lirael Wed 01-May-13 08:19:04

We are camping near Lyme Regis from Sat - Mon. Any chance of some sun OYBBK? BBC promises a glimmer, but only 13 degrees, which is not warm enough for this fair weather camper... So annoying, as it's been lovely here in Somerset all week and we're promised 16 degrees today. 16! Time to break out the summer wardrobe.

Sun, yes quite probably. Warmth, well.... Unsure at present!

GFS is going for around 17C. It can over cook the temps a bit, but I don't think it is too much this time round.

It is absolutely gorgeous here in Warwick at the moment! I am in shorts!

lirael Wed 01-May-13 14:15:47

17C! I would happily settle for 17C grin. It's gorgeous here in Somerset today too - BBC says 14C but I'm sure it's way warmer than that.

AmandinePoulain Wed 01-May-13 14:29:40

grin

You mean to say that I'm going to go camping this weekend and not get wet? Chessington here we come!

grin

Amandine, it is possible smile perhaps some thundery showers later over the BH.

digerd Thu 02-May-13 06:49:34

S.Herts
We did have lots of sun yesterday, but that northerly wind was too cold.
Warm out of the wind.

Night temps +2 and a slight frost this morning. When will I be able to turn the heating OFF? angry

I know Digerd, I want to get the guinea pigs out of the house! Just for a couple of months <wheedles>

funkybuddah Thu 02-May-13 21:41:41

OYBBK (and anyone else of course) I know its a long way off but any ideas or inklings for 11th/12th May, from midnight going into the 12th until around 9am in London?

Im doing the Moonwalk and dont care about the weather as long as its not heavy rain (its gonna be torrential now Ive said that)

Thanks

At the moment it's looking good funky smile dry but on the chilly side.

funkybuddah Fri 03-May-13 03:09:18

Brilliant, cold is fine, will warm up anyway but 26 miles in the rain would not be great.

Looking to be a pretty nice weekend in general now smile bit of showers to get through tomorrow for some and perhaps the odd one about here and there. Northern England not quite so warm and much of Scotland positively cool but by Monday, England and Wales look pretty warm away from coasts and even by the coasts not too bad really. Hooray!

digerd Fri 03-May-13 12:44:45

S.Herts

Beautiful sunny and warm so far, and the cold wind has disappearedsmile.

digerd Fri 03-May-13 12:50:26

ps.
Not a cloud in the sky here.

digerd Fri 03-May-13 15:42:24

22 degrees here and too warm for me in the sheltered garden, and 8 climbing roses need watering. So later must try to mend my hosepipe.
There was a cooling nice breeze across the open fields for little furry dog's walk at 3pm. But now crashed out on the cold kitchen floor to cool down.

digerd Fri 03-May-13 15:43:31

ps
Little dog not me!

tiokiko Fri 03-May-13 16:02:33

Is it ever going to be sunny again in Edinburgh?

yes tio, probably some sunshine tomorrow smile

digerd i did wonder before I read on!

tiokiko Fri 03-May-13 17:30:56

<ungrateful alert> I meant real sun, warmer weather... maybe where the DDs won't need to wear vests any more?

Thanks OYBBK, will make the most of the feeble sun tomorrow and hope for a miracle in the summer!

lol!! sorry, took you a bit literally!

41notTrendy Fri 03-May-13 17:38:56

Planning a BBQ here in Nottm Sunday eve. OYBBK, what are the chances of a sunny warm(ish) evening? Would we be better doing it Sat? Sadly at in laws on Monday so can't do it then.

inia Fri 03-May-13 18:11:35

"and much of Scotland positively cool " is a bit of an understatement Kitten grin There's definitely snow mixed in with the rain and about 1 degree

... off to get some more wood for the fire

41, either day looks nice. Perhaps Saturday a bit sunnier and Sunday a bit warmer, but for this time of year I don't think you can go wrong. Have a nice time!

Inia, I heard that this morning! Spring isn't quite there yet for you is it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now