Surprise snowfall expected.

(129 Posts)

No idea why the met office haven't got warnings out....

There's a dodgy little low pressure that's spun up - not unusual in these circs that could bring wide spread snowfall later today. Those in the south should be especially aware, though it could affect those in the north and east too. If you are heading out I'd take shovels and blankets just in case.

We went to Peebles yesterday, and the DCs played in knee deep snow, so Kitten's spoof forecast wasn't too far out, as long as you count Scotland's super late spring.
It's not every year they get to make snow angels in Aprilshock.

It does appear that a stream of scattered snow showers has set itself up across the north today (not a spoof!) lilleth, it should be over quickly but you may get more.

MandragoraWurzelstock Tue 02-Apr-13 08:53:00

Yes Toby. Fancy hmm

LillethTheCat Tue 02-Apr-13 08:10:46

Where has this actual snow come from, its snowing quite hard here. I was totally not expecting it angry

TheNebulousBoojum Tue 02-Apr-13 07:38:39

I do think that there were enough heavy hints dropped on the thread for it to be fairly obvious what was going on.

TobyLerone Tue 02-Apr-13 01:44:18

I'm not sorry if anyone changed plans! Fancy doing that on the say-so of some random people from the internet hmm

Pan Mon 01-Apr-13 20:39:02

thanks OYBK for this thread. It was fun. Really sorry if anyone did change plans or get dcs excited.

GMG blush

DizzyHoneyBee Mon 01-Apr-13 20:02:18

Oh yes Sparkling - in fact I washed a double duvet and it dried on the line today grin

digerd Mon 01-Apr-13 19:03:25

Can't believe it's +4 ,feels like -4 at least.

Sparklingbrook Mon 01-Apr-13 18:55:42

Nooooo Dizzy. How strange. grin

DizzyHoneyBee Mon 01-Apr-13 18:51:38

Oh sparkling you should have come here, it's lovely blue skies and sunshine grin

digerd Mon 01-Apr-13 18:44:37

Sky totally clear and blue now, just right for hard frost tonight, so may be all white tomorrow morning.

JollyPurpleGiant Mon 01-Apr-13 18:16:02

We always have snow it seems. Not today but we had loads on Sat. And there's still white stuff in our garden that is unwilling to thaw. I reckon it has squatters rights by now.

Sparklingbrook Mon 01-Apr-13 18:12:01

Just got back from Spar with my sledge. What did I miss? grin

GotMyGoat Mon 01-Apr-13 18:01:20

!!!! You all LIED ????

digerd Mon 01-Apr-13 17:00:19

S,Herts
We've had sun for an hour here.

That was an oops chipping!

LillethTheCat Mon 01-Apr-13 15:17:44

grin

ChippingInIsEggceptional Mon 01-Apr-13 15:16:26

Hmm - I think some legs have been well and truely pulled grin

Naughty Kitten, I feel a wee bit sorry for the children whose Mums took it seriously and told them it would snow later though :/

Mind you, it was a dead give away when Pan admitted to having snow - he only ever admits to sunshine grin

I know, it's a weather miracle - it's all gone shock

Pan Mon 01-Apr-13 15:09:07

Same here! Stroke of noon and it all melted away!

GotMyGoat Mon 01-Apr-13 13:57:00

I've noticed someone saying they've had snow in warwickshire - any chance of the white stuff in Oxfordshire?

ChippingInIsEggceptional Mon 01-Apr-13 13:56:39

OK - I'm thoroughly confused. It's not like our OYBBK to joke about the weather but she's not denying it either hmm It feels too cold for snow here.

haveapear Mon 01-Apr-13 13:53:20

No snow here (Isle Of Wight) smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now