Spring Watch

(57 Posts)

I'm hoping that soon the snow watch threads will be a dim and distant memory.
There is hope on the horizon! GFS is showing some early indications of a warm up for the Easter Weekend. now admittedly earlier this morning it was more optimistic and had some lovely warm temps showing for the 26th, but nevertheless there is a trend beginning to show.

So, what will the next few model runs bring? will hope spring eternal? Or will we be forever be stuck in this winter of discontent?

Sunrise 05:55
Sunset 18:13

Pretty far down south!

digerd Fri 22-Mar-13 09:17:54

S.Herts
Definitely been dawn at around 5am here for a couple of weeks, as I feel I must get up - no way! Can't wait for the clock to go forward so I can feel right getting up and the days will be light longer which is the most important thing.
Snow supposed to be worse in the Midlands with SE also getting some < grimace face>

as spring has utterly vanished from the models now I've started a general forecast thread here

AmandinePoulain Sat 23-Mar-13 18:28:34

sad

That is all

sad

digerd Sat 23-Mar-13 20:28:13

Been grumpy all day. Faced the afternoon blizzard to go to chemist for my pills and potions, and it was shut !! Took little dog out and she hated it so we went home after 5 minutes. It took me longer than 5 minutes to get my eskimo outfit on and off. This morning's dog walk was OK as most of the snow had melted, but then returned with a vengence.

Was worried about DD driving to Milton Keynes , but she has just phoned to say she got there safely and the snow hasn't settled there. It did here, further south

Now worried about her drive back tomorrow.

In the process of hopefully uncancelling spring here

AmandinePoulain Mon 25-Mar-13 13:36:52

Well I've just gone out and bought dd1 a fleecy onesie and dd2 a sleeping bag with arms for when we go camping in 2 weeks in Brittany so watch the temperatures rise grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now