Snow Watch Part 4. The Winter continues....

(921 Posts)

met office warnings For tomorrow for Scotland and NW England, extending to Yorkshire. NW Scotlant in particular looks awful with blizzard conditions.

I'm not quite sure about the warnings for England, I'm going to be really interested to see how they pan out. Tuesday scattered sleet and snow showers for many.

It is MSP but it looks at the moment like the south will escape from it with Essex being the potential dividing line at the moment.
<gutted>

met office explanation

it may all still change.

mumat39 Fri 08-Feb-13 16:41:33

as the metoffice are usually over cautious with their warnings and the fact that the area no longer covers SW London and other areas, does this mean they're pretty confident that we won't get any?

I wouldnt read that much into it mumat.

digerd Fri 08-Feb-13 17:24:12

S.Herts
Clouded over again after 2pm- temp out now +4. Icy wind has gone < smile>

schilke Fri 08-Feb-13 17:56:34

No snow for me then, just more bloody rain. I like cold weather and I like snow, but I do not like rain.

digerd Fri 08-Feb-13 17:59:38

S.Herts
It's raining steadily atm. Just heard claps of THUNDER? Surely it's not warm enough for that.? And more rumblings in the distance.

digerd Fri 08-Feb-13 18:04:39

South herts
Now a burst of what sounds like hailstones??

It's been fairly mild here today, and dry. It did try to rain a little this afternoon, but 1t was only a few drops and passed over very quickly.

LillethTheCat Fri 08-Feb-13 19:05:54

Just seen this link on Facebook.

Is it true Kitten or is it just newspaper sensationalism? I know snow is coming, but is it really as bad as that?

<secretly looking forward to not having to go out monday morning>

Tortoise Fri 08-Feb-13 19:49:00

Local forecast changed to heavy rain for us in Somerset on Sunday sad

PeneloPeePitstop Fri 08-Feb-13 19:51:40

# sod off rain.... #

Lilleth, It is quite likely that some will see heavy snowfall, but who and how much is really difficult to tell at the moment. The highest snowfall totals at the moment look to be over higher ground and probably the Midlands upwards. Whether it will be the heaviest snow fall yet? No one really knows.

For instance, one of the models has suddenly come up with snow tomorrow morning for central southern England! That came out of the blue rather!

LillethTheCat Fri 08-Feb-13 20:46:13

Thanks Kitten

mumat39 Fri 08-Feb-13 20:49:52

Thanks kitten. I'll just keep everything crossed that we get some snow. Preferably lots and lots of big fat fluffy flakes so I can lie on the floor in my lounge and look out of the window and watch it fall. I love the snow.

If we get rain then I think I'll stay in bed.

Thanks again and hope you have a lovely weekend. The weather is fascinating so hope it's interesting in that sense too.

Xxx

I'm hoping for a change in the forecast and for a foot of snow to hit us here grin

I hope you have a lovely weekend too smile

I'm not getting my hopes up really. I bet Manchesters snow shield will be in operation again. But I would love to be proved wrong. grin

PeneloPeePitstop Fri 08-Feb-13 21:13:57

Right with ya there, Kitten smile

Porkster Fri 08-Feb-13 21:18:36

At 6pm we had the most excellent thunder, lightning and massive hail storm whilst watching ds play football.

I want more snow!!

Very cool porkster smile

It is just possible that the snow risk for tomorrow/Monday may move further south. Don't get too excited at this point southerners, but be aware of the chance! The low pressure seems to be shifting south in some models. The further south it goes, the more the snow risk moves further south.

Need to get going now, back later smile

TobyLerone Sat 09-Feb-13 08:53:19

So the excitement is back on, then grin

MegGriffin Sat 09-Feb-13 08:59:11

When I watched the weather earlier, the graphics were showing further south again so everything crossed hard again.
Also our local bbc sussex weather lady did say could be rain or snow so there must be a chance still smile

Morning. Lovely big fat flakes here in Warwickshire for the last hour or so, and it's settling despite the rain we had last night!

I just saw some forecasts and it looks like the worst of it will pass to the south of us in Manchester again. sad

It is Toby!
And I'm taking it as a possibly Good Sign that we have some snow mixed in with the rain the am grin is the same model that showed this is bringing the snow risk further south tomorrow.

PeneloPeePitstop Sat 09-Feb-13 09:22:37

Snooooooooow!!! Squeeee!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now