Snow Watch Part 4. The Winter continues....

(921 Posts)

met office warnings For tomorrow for Scotland and NW England, extending to Yorkshire. NW Scotlant in particular looks awful with blizzard conditions.

I'm not quite sure about the warnings for England, I'm going to be really interested to see how they pan out. Tuesday scattered sleet and snow showers for many.

GloriaSmud Wed 20-Mar-13 09:16:50

Leicester calling in and we're having a major snow shower atm ~ big, big flakes and settling a bit! Temps have dropped from 2.1C about 30 mins ago to 1.7c. I'm a bit shock at it all as it wasn't forecast!

GloriaSmud Wed 20-Mar-13 09:27:28

It's stopped snowing but temps still dropping ~ 1.4c.

I will cry if it snows here. I am so over the winter.

GloriaSmud Wed 20-Mar-13 09:48:30

Chickens ~ it does seem to be dragging on, doesn't it? I've just been out in the garden and the frogs in our pond have been busy overnight and we've got our first frogspawn of the year. Looking at the temperatures for next week (if I've read the charts right!), it looks like there's some overnight frosts due so I'm not sure it's going to survive sad We're going away next week (to Wales ~ weather doesn't look any better over that way either!) and I'm wondering whether to bring the frogspawn inside for the week. The things I do for the nature in my garden!

GFS shows a rather snowy stormy Good Friday in the latest run. (followed by a warm up)

LillethTheCat Wed 20-Mar-13 15:43:50

So is this weekend going to be a white-out then? Do we know about Tuesday, I have an exam and would kind of like to make it if possible.

Sparklingbrook Thu 21-Mar-13 06:40:36

OMG. Did I hear right snow tomorrow? Nooooo!

GloriaSmud Thu 21-Mar-13 06:48:38

Not been too cold overnight ~ temp only dipped below freezing at 4.30am and has been down to -1.2c and that's been it.
Looking at the metoffice forecast, I'm getting a little worried about attempting the journey from Leicester over to Wales tomorrow and beginning to wonder whether to delay the journey 'til Saturday or Sunday (forecast says Sunday might be better.) Suggesting delaying is not going to go down well with the family!

digerd Thu 21-Mar-13 06:58:22

S.Herts

Lovely sunny morning. Was -1 last night, now 0

digerd Thu 21-Mar-13 07:03:01

Just noticed that the start of british summer time is on Easter Sunday.
What a farce < misery face>

Going to enjoy today's sunny weather.

Some atrocious conditions for many tonight through saturday im afraid especially in the Parts of the Midlands where 10cm plus could be see whilst others in the warning areas will see heavy rain with subsequent flooding. Gale force winds in places. Please do take care and heed the warnings

Gloria, I think that if you are having to travel through northern Wales at all I would delay it.

Lileth, at the moment Tuesday looks relatively benign but I think there may well be snow showers.

GloriaSmud Thu 21-Mar-13 09:46:56

OYBBK ~ we're going to be staying in the Porthmadog area and being near the coast, the forecast there doesn't look too bad. But it's the travel through the W. Midlands and then over the hills in the middle/northern bits of Wales to get there that worries me, especially as I've noticed on the metoffice site the possibility of warnings being upgraded to Amber ones.

DialsMavis Thu 21-Mar-13 12:26:24

Hi Kitten, is there any chance of snow making its way across as far as London?

reastie Thu 21-Mar-13 12:29:01

<watches out for answer on London>

Sparklingbrook Thu 21-Mar-13 13:23:57

I can't work out whether we will get any in Worcestershire. Birmingham is showing as having heavy snow but I don't think it's coming this far South. Hope not anyway.

lubeybooby England Thu 21-Mar-13 15:35:34

Oh bugger. Meant to have a meeting tomorrow morning 10am with someone coming down to Leicestershire from Sheffield.

OYBBK... what are the chances of that happening please please? confused

The warnings aren't all that clear for me as I'm on the edge of west/east midlands and some of it is saying rain. Also unclear whether motorways will be ok or not... they will be gritted overnight but will that be enough?

TwllBach Thu 21-Mar-13 16:23:06

Yikes the forecast doesn't look good at all! I'm meant to be drivin to Southampton from north Wales tonight - is it going to w dangerous do you think? And then I've got to get back up to north Wales on Friday/Saturday... I need to make a decision in the next hour really sad

funkybuddah Thu 21-Mar-13 16:34:32

What do we think for Sunday in Hampshire, have a 10 mile training hike to go on!

leesmum Thu 21-Mar-13 16:46:06

The forecast for us in Manchester is snow all day tomorrow and quite a bit I think, take care all those with journeys tomorrow x

TwllBach Thu 21-Mar-13 16:48:09

Hmmm I'm wondering if it might be safer to stay at home now...

leesmum Thu 21-Mar-13 16:54:45

Twllbach I wouldnt risk it, I'm glad I have no travel plans for tomorrow, hope its nothing really urgent for you.

TwllBach Thu 21-Mar-13 17:10:39

It's a business trip, I guess you could call it, but I desperately don't want to get stuck on a motorway. I'm guessing i would hit Birmingham at about 7 maybe.

Oh I don't know what to do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now