Snow Watch Part 4. The Winter continues....

(921 Posts)

met office warnings For tomorrow for Scotland and NW England, extending to Yorkshire. NW Scotlant in particular looks awful with blizzard conditions.

I'm not quite sure about the warnings for England, I'm going to be really interested to see how they pan out. Tuesday scattered sleet and snow showers for many.

digerd Tue 19-Feb-13 09:22:19

S.Herts
Beautiful clear blue sky. Had -1 last night. Grass looks a bit frosty in the shade still.

LillethTheCat Tue 19-Feb-13 17:34:18

Lovely day today. Icy this morning, but once it was clear it was lovely. Everything Ive heard says today was the last nice day for a while. Im hoping not.

digerd Wed 20-Feb-13 06:34:56

S.Herts
+4 already so will be cloudy - too dark still to see. Is that the end of the sunny dry weather? So disappointed.

digerd Wed 20-Feb-13 07:13:20

S.Herts
Grey, damp and dismal and gone down 1 degree to boot!

Perhaps some light snow flurries fri-sun in central and eastern parts. Nothing showing that will cause issues at the moment.

digerd Wed 20-Feb-13 12:50:52

S. Herts
Cold wind back again too. Glad to be back indoors.

digerd Wed 20-Feb-13 16:42:00

S.Herts
Well that was a nice surprise. At 3pm, time for little dog's afternoon walk, the skies cleared and we had sun, and still the same.
Does that mean we are in for a very cold night, if it doesn't cloud over? I think so. brrr.

schilke Thu 21-Feb-13 08:26:16

Kitten - met office showing light snow from midnight tonight for me in mid surrey through to 9am when there is heavy snow. No warnings so assume not going to be much...

Probably not much Schilke, there is just about the possibility of a Thames streamer setting up, which can bring snow in through the Thames estuary (and often down to Hampshire)

Does look like some light scattered snow in the east and some eastern central areas really anytime from tomorrow onwards, but unless the Thames streamer does set up I can't tsee there being any problems. Those in Kent also ought to be a little cautious.

TobyLerone Thu 21-Feb-13 08:43:24

Cautiously optimistic.

schilke Thu 21-Feb-13 08:45:00

Thanks kitten. Just googled Thames streamer to educate myself!

digerd Thu 21-Feb-13 09:07:45

S. Herts
Oh no, not the Thames Estuary, and not heard of a Thames 'streamer' either.
Clouded over in the night, but minimum was +1. Grey and dismal atm and +2

digerd Thu 21-Feb-13 10:56:00

S. Herts
What an icy wind again. Little dog was all frisky, but my cheeks and hands were cold. This afternoon I shall be wearing my sheepskin gloves instead of my leather ones. Can't cover my cheeks without covering nose and mouth and then I can't breathe. So whip lashed rosy cheeks for me!

Forecast light snow for a bit over the next three days over me! It was trying to snow earlier but never quite made it!

MyHeadWasInTheSandNowNot Thu 21-Feb-13 20:29:13

Thanks OYBBK smile

I'll keep the snow tyres on the car and my snow boots by the door!

madasa Fri 22-Feb-13 08:17:34

Is snowing in Kent

TobyLerone Fri 22-Feb-13 08:31:37

Bloody hell! So it is! Wafty flakes, mind you. But definitely snow.

madasa Fri 22-Feb-13 08:35:10

It needs to stop....we are going to Bath tomorrow

envy

digerd Fri 22-Feb-13 08:46:25

S. Herts
No snow here. Bet we get it when I'm walking home later.

Yeah, looks like scattered snow showers could become more frequent through today and into tonight, especially in eastern and some central areas. Lasting through tomorrow morning. I don't think there will be enough for disruption, apart from perhaps parts of the NE and areas neighbouring the Thames estuary.

Actually looking at the radar, a Thames streamer has tried to set itself up, with lots showing on the radar, but I suspect not so much reaching the ground (evaporating) looks like it will fade away through today.

Snowing here in east mids.

Just about.

LillethTheCat Fri 22-Feb-13 13:05:18

Snowing here ever so slightly. The ground is dry so if it does snow bad it will lay. Though there are no weather warnings so it can't be too bad. Hope I will be able to drive to Darlington tomorrow although the weather earlier did suggests snow all afternoon and evening for us so if it does lay Im not so sure. Oh well will wait and see.

mumat39 Fri 22-Feb-13 20:13:09

Lovely snow this morning at about 10.30 but it didn't settle. Felt a bit like being in a just shaken snow globe as it was swirling around in the cold wind.

Please can we have some more. Actually make that loads more! Thank you very much thank you please! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now