Snow Watch Part 3 - The weather continues!

(938 Posts)

For when this one gets full up smile

digerd Sat 26-Jan-13 20:17:31

South Herts
Have 7 degrees atm. Don't know if it has rained since dark, but feel much safer walking the dog in the dark with out the ice and snow. Phew what a relief.
My only concern now is for my early blooming Camelia, which has loads of buds this year. When suddenly milder, it begins to open the outer layer of the protective flower buds, and if the frost returns, it kills them. < worried face>. It looks a wonderful sight when manages to be full in bloom.
In January 2012, we had gales and rain and it fell over, as in a pot, onto the ground and buds fell off. So had no show last year, due to bad weather.

thekidsrule Sat 26-Jan-13 21:21:12

today has been the first day ive flung open all the windows to give the house a good "air"

dosent feel cold at all an have even turned the heating of tonight as was to hot with the fire on as well,didnt feel the need to do that the last few weeks

good job really ive been spending £50 a week on gas and electric

Digerd, is it in a pot that you can bring in the house? Or would you be able to cover it with a cloche or gardening fleece?

MirandaWest Sat 26-Jan-13 21:39:53

Would be grateful to the weather gods as am going away between 15th and 18th February up a but further north and really don't want to be snowed off smile

new weather thread as flooding looks to become the next issue.

Dawndonna Sat 26-Jan-13 21:55:13

Well, it's raining on the Norfolk/Suffolk borders so it looks like the six inches of snow in the garden will be slush by the morning.

I have no idea what happened to that link. Try here

digerd Sun 27-Jan-13 08:15:10

Whisper
Yes it is in a 58cm plastic pot and is now too heavy for me to move, other than to to twist it from side to side. I do have covers with draw strings, but getting on a bit and would have to balance on a ladder to reach as taller than my 6 foot fence and I am only 5foot 2", I do love my Camelias, but lost some. Got a new "baby" which this year is full of buds, which I could cover. Will have to fish the covers out from underneath goodness knows what in my junk room lean to. Haven't been out in the garden recently !

Ive just got back from church and our organist has to drive from Halesworth. She said that in one of the villages the river has breached its banks and it was like driving through a river!!! shock

already Lottie? That's pretty scary.

snowflakehellokitty Mon 04-Feb-13 20:44:25

wink

Hello snowflake smile

Our new snow watch thread is here smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now