Snow Watch Part 3 - The weather continues!

(938 Posts)

For when this one gets full up smile

MaureenMLove Fri 18-Jan-13 19:37:54

We'll be at least on thread no. 6, before I can join in. sad

nellyjelly Fri 18-Jan-13 19:38:01

Rubbish in West Manchester. Hardly any snow.

DS1 has even been able to get to a cricket match in Ashton Under Lyne tonight - normally they get snow really badly, but although they have a little more snow than us, it's still not bad.

bureni Fri 18-Jan-13 19:40:33

a few flakes here (north down) more wind and rain than snow.

blackeyedsusan Fri 18-Jan-13 19:48:15

w mids: we had 4-6 inches of snow. the needle sort that does not stick together, mainly, with the odd clump or two.

blackeyedsusan Fri 18-Jan-13 19:49:56

oh and what is the thing that is brewing on sunday night.

Dawndonna Fri 18-Jan-13 19:57:13

Marking place.

Redwelly According to news, loads more on Sunday!

StillSlightlyCrumpled Fri 18-Jan-13 19:57:29

OYBBK The BBC has said tonight that it will snow well into the week after next. Noooooo!!!
Is it going to be bad next weekend in the midlands & Cambridge areas? Also have family from Somerset & Kent coming. Is this all going to go wrong?

Thankyou in advance. smile

Erebus Fri 18-Jan-13 20:05:53

5'' in southern Hants. Lovely if you don't have to go out in it!

Doinmummy Fri 18-Jan-13 20:10:14

Anyone live in the Ipswich area, did you have snow this morning?

Just started !

<snoopy happy dance> grin

TobyLerone Fri 18-Jan-13 20:26:51

Made it to MILs and back. It was weird -- there was like a mile where there was an inch of snow, then another couple of miles with no snow at all, and so on.

It's still snowing a bit here, but still very light. We've got about 1cm, if that.

thekidsrule Fri 18-Jan-13 20:43:35

stopped now dorset

3 kids,ive never had so much wet clothes,socks,gloves etc scattered everywhere

as soon as one comes in the others go out

at one point today i had 10 teenage lads in and out my house,and half the countys snow on them,lol

fun though

Marking place smile

It is snowing very lightly here, it is only settling because of the snow we already had.

schilke Fri 18-Jan-13 21:16:28

Marking place.

10cm snow here in mole valley, surrey. I'm greedy too as I want more! Dog loves it - spins excitedly- chickens not so keen!

still snowing here, tiny little particles like dust, lying but because its so fine we don't even have 1cm!

MoreFrontThanBrighton Fri 18-Jan-13 21:20:16

OYBBK -what is going on over the weekend? I'm in Kent. BBC says it will snow all day on Sunday. Weather pro app says a little whiff of it around 9am. confused

Is this true about snowing into next weekend <wibble>?

MiconiumHappens Fri 18-Jan-13 21:21:05

Wiltshire here - we have loads smile been sledging and attempted a snow man, not sticky snow though, more the lovely fluffy variety.

leesmum Fri 18-Jan-13 21:28:49

Manky same here, just a light dusting but icy winds, its Ds2 5th birthday tomorrow and he is desperate to build a snowman sad

PeneloPeePitstop Fri 18-Jan-13 21:33:29

Being a pig... Want more!
One of the West Sussex crew too...

wibblyjelly Fri 18-Jan-13 21:34:54

Just started snowing again in East London. I hope when I check tomorrow that its snowed all night, and we get to play in it all day!

travellingwilbury Fri 18-Jan-13 21:39:01

Marking place ready for tomorrow grin

oybbk, what is your forecast for Woking / Surrey for the next few days? BBC not all that convinced we will get more snow (or at least not any worth getting excited about). What other forecasts can I look at to see if BBC are likely to be right?

youarewinning Fri 18-Jan-13 21:44:18

Im south Hampshire and we had about 5 inches. Hard to tell though as kids threw it at each other quicker than it could land! Fresh snow in garden after lunch seemed about that deep.

Roads a bloody nightmare though as it rained after gritting and up until it snowed - me and about 50 others watched a dustbin lorry skid and go backwards this morning. It's quite a noise 50 people exhaling in relief in unison grin

ArkadyRose Fri 18-Jan-13 22:17:54

wibbley It never really entirely stopped in east London - merely varied in amount. It was very fine & powdery earlier, but we've got larger flakes floating steadily down here in Walthamstow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now