Snow Watch Part 2. Return of the Excitement!!!

(994 Posts)

Apologies to those in Norfolk who may well not be excited any more!!!!
This a continuation of This thread and is for model watching, forecasting and general excitement grin

Off to look at the models (and get dd up) back in a few minutes with latest thoughts!

snowflakehellokitty Fri 18-Jan-13 22:22:09

grin

snowflakehellokitty Fri 18-Jan-13 22:25:02

grin

Still snowing in West Wales grin

Muffinpig Sat 19-Jan-13 07:21:37

Can anyone tell me if it has snowed much in north essex/ south suffolk?

AbbyH Sat 19-Jan-13 07:34:49

Down in Devon seems to be the only place where there hasnt been snow sad we had a slight fall yesterday morning for about 15 mins boring!!x

GirlOutNumbered Sat 19-Jan-13 07:47:30

<waves at Abby from Devon>
We had loads of snow yesterday on Dartmoor.

minxthemanx Sat 19-Jan-13 09:27:13

AbbyH you are not alone - i thought we were the only bldy place in the country without snow. (Essex - north of Chelmsford). We now have 2cm at most - yes, that's 2CM, not inches. Lots of disappointed kids!! Hoping for a shed load tomorrow.

AbbyH no real snow to speak if here in my neck of the woods - Greater Manchester.

Mirage Sat 19-Jan-13 09:48:36

Still snowing in rural Leics.The milkman hasn't been able to get here and the only vehicle I've seen moving has been my neighbour's tractor.Dh is out in the garage trying to defrost the washing machine and the dds are out in the front garden making a snow penguin.

D0G Sat 19-Jan-13 09:50:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dotnet Sat 19-Jan-13 11:54:39

I wish it was acceptable to say what you think. Next person I had moaning at me about how the British can't cope with snow, schools never used to close, etc etc - how I wish I could say, I just can't be arsed listening to this, please go away and bore someone else.

I am very confused as to what's happening next. All the snow we had yesterday still there and nicely frozen and lethal with no sign of going above freezing in the near future.

Snow-wise looks like poss more to come. sad

Still waiting for my proper snow (South Essex)... just got miniscule flakes like dandruff vaguely swirling about at random intervals. Yet everyone was panic buying at our local shops.

digerd Sat 19-Jan-13 15:58:34

We had that on Friday morning, but in the afternoon got heavier.
I am not far from SW Essex - Epping Forest.

Been updating this thread sorry for any confucsion caused by starting the next one early!

dotnet, I know what you mean. But in 1963 the roads werent full of cars trying to drive 15 miles to school or work, and its quite normal even in other countries for heavy snow fall to cause disruption on the first day. And quoting a really extreme winter 50 years ago is not evidence that we can no longer cope!

I remember my school closing for weeks one winter in 79 due to the combination of snow and no heating. And in the 80's I remember chaos as snow came in the school day and another time when our school closed for a week. In the 90s our uni campus closed because of snow.

interesting snowfall record near Birmingham. Kudos to the record keeper!

mumat39 Sat 19-Jan-13 18:38:16

These threads are moving so fast, i can't keep up.

Kitten, enjoy your evening out and thanks again.

Bionicemu, hope you made it to the hospital ok. good luck with the induction if you did.

bureni Sat 19-Jan-13 19:02:25

Very heavy sleet here at the minute ( north down) the lecky is on the blink again.

DuckTales Sat 19-Jan-13 20:23:08

We've had lots of the wrong sort of snow in Herts - too powdery to make a snowman and even snowball collapsed.

Great for sledging though. smile

madasa Sun 20-Jan-13 08:16:15

Snowing fairly hard here in Kent grin

ShakeWellBeforeOpening Sun 20-Jan-13 08:27:00

Well I suppose if the weather forecast is right and that it is moving up from SE and continent - if Kent has it now then I expect Surrey to start in the next hour or so.

ShakeWellBeforeOpening Sun 20-Jan-13 08:45:03

It has started in Surrey - abit like Friday morning - quite light but I expect it to become heavier.

McPhee Sun 20-Jan-13 09:44:32

Snowing on the south coast again

At this rate I won't get DP back from Scotland sad

Dd not seen daddy for 3 weeks, AND I NEED A BREAK!!!!!!

Mirage Sun 20-Jan-13 10:34:09

snowing heavily in Leicestershire again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now