Who has snow at the moment?

(322 Posts)
wibblyjelly Sat 12-Jan-13 16:03:11

Just wondering if its on its way down to us in London.

<stomps feet> I want snow!!!

Nothing in Herts

bugger all so far in gloucestershire. i want it to snow so much!!!!!!

Absolument rien! here in Surrey, except puddles, and nowt in London either, though it was v. v. cold this morn. Just out now tho and it's warmish, I wouldn't be shivering without my coat.

I would LOVE an all-uni snowball fight, so bring on the snow, but doubt we'll get much! Well, I don't know....but I do love sitting outside with coffee, a book and a cig, and can't do that if there's white frosty stuff inches thick everywhere.

Vagaceratops Sun 13-Jan-13 07:27:15

We have some in the east mids - a sprinkling but its still coming down very lightly.

mumof3teens Sun 13-Jan-13 07:32:24

Yep in Derbyshire smile

Possibly a dusting in Sheffield, will confirm when someone finds the sun.

Nothing here by Stansted airport

Willabywallaby Sun 13-Jan-13 07:51:50

We never get it in Poole except a couple of years ago and the year before that

GloriaSnow Sun 13-Jan-13 07:57:44

We have a very slight dusting here (Leicester). Think it's just an odd snow shower that's come our way ~ it's showing up over the East Midlands here at the moment.

wildirishrose Sun 13-Jan-13 08:11:39

Im so fed up with the media hyping everything up they cry wolf every time the weather changes, if there's a real weather situation no one will believe them.

There's a snow map? Cool!

I'm signed up but never entirely sure how to use twitter, might be the time to have a go.

It's a very patchy dusting of snow in Sheffield, the sort you'd still see people wearing flip flops out in.

PoppyAmex Sun 13-Jan-13 08:36:30

Woke up to a white blanket and it's still snowing; big fat flakes too! Yay!

Tried showing it to DD (9mo) who looked distinctly unimpressed and just looked at me expectantly wondering about her breakfast. grin

PoppyAmex Sun 13-Jan-13 08:37:07

Forgot to say, I'm in Central Scotland

Bertrude Sun 13-Jan-13 08:46:42

Nowt here, but not expecting any (Abu Dhabi) grin

acrabadabra Sun 13-Jan-13 08:49:53

West of Edinburgh. Just started an hour ago (that's when I opened the curtains!)

Getting quite heavy now.

Would be chuffed but I have to go to work. Worried I won't get home for bedtime.

waxlyrical Sun 13-Jan-13 08:50:59

Dusting in NW leics and still snowing.

Loads is falling here in Aberdeenshire smile

41notTrendy Sun 13-Jan-13 08:57:45

Had a light covering in Nottingham!

SueFawley Sun 13-Jan-13 09:12:12

grin Bertrude!

Nothing here in rural Cheshire. Yesterday was gorgeous, sunny but very cold and completely dry for the first day in about a month.
So far today is looking the same. There's a deep frost, the sun is shining, but its dry. Snow is predicted to start to fall this evening.

MissAnnersley Sun 13-Jan-13 09:14:03

Snowing here in Angus. Quite steady and from the look of the hills behind the house there's more on the way.

angry no snow here, North Yorkshire - I have sledges, snow shovels, snow boots & ready for action just need some blinking snow!

MissAnnersley Sun 13-Jan-13 09:16:48

DS is delighted because it means we probably wont go to church. smile

sarniesarah Sun 13-Jan-13 09:23:11

Cheltenham is as clear as a bell. But have been looking at webcam streams on Motorway to see where it is. Scotland only so far..

FoxPass Sun 13-Jan-13 09:23:49

snow just outside Edinburgh!

Still nothing here in North Yorkshire although it is very cold outside and DS2's rugby match has been called off as the pitch is frozen.

Really hoping we get some soon am feeling very envy of those in Scotland that have got snow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now