Who has snow at the moment?

(322 Posts)
wibblyjelly Sat 12-Jan-13 16:03:11

Just wondering if its on its way down to us in London.

<stomps feet> I want snow!!!

We had sleet this morning, and hail about 10 minutes ago, but nothing now sad

Im hoping the snow will come soon!

littlemisssunny Sat 12-Jan-13 16:06:11

Not yet envy we are apparantly getting it tomorrow night and Monday grin in Yorkshire

wibblyjelly Sat 12-Jan-13 16:06:48

Where are you Tequila, if you don't mind me asking? Just curious whereabouts the wintery weather is at the mo.

Sugarice Sat 12-Jan-13 16:07:50

We had it this morning briefly then it peetered out, it's dry now but bloody freezing!

HollyBollyBooBoo Sat 12-Jan-13 16:11:21

Nothing, nada, zilch.

Desperate for some to make it impossible to leave the house at about 7.30am on Monday!

We have had a bit in Kent but it only lasted about three minutes. I want to be snowed in, we can walk to the pub and I have waxed the sledge.

Meant to start tomorrow night around the SE area and Monday everywhere will have an inch. Should be gone by tuesday with such a tiny amount! wink

wibblyjelly Sat 12-Jan-13 16:17:25

We are supposed to get it Monday. Really hope we get some smile

valiumredhead Sat 12-Jan-13 16:18:02

Briefly this morning and now nothing - coming this way though sad

BallyGoBackwards Sat 12-Jan-13 16:22:58

It has been lashing rain all day down here on the south coast. Not even abit of sleet. See we made a big mistake last year by buying two things. At the start of summer a BBQ....making sure we had the wettest summer ever. Then we bought a sledge....making sure we had the wettest winter ever.

My family have jinxed the weather for all.

DoItToJulia Sat 12-Jan-13 16:29:22

Midlands here. Snow that didn't settle this morning, nothing right now, but it is getting colder. Much colder.....

Sorry, should have said where I was blush. I'm in Newcastle.

maizieD Sat 12-Jan-13 16:42:32

None in County Durham (apart from very high ground). Not particularly cold. It would be good to try out my very expensive winter tyresgrin

Bearface Sat 12-Jan-13 16:50:25

Nothing in Essex.

iseenodust Sat 12-Jan-13 16:53:05

We had literally two minutes worth as DH & DS were getting into the car to go to football about an hour ago. Nothing since in this part of Yorks.

ppeatfruit Sat 12-Jan-13 16:54:33

maizie We get winter tyres put on every year and you can use them fine at 9C and under (we sometimes use them at a higher temp. than that to no ill effect they are incredibly good in the rain and snow but apparently not so good on sheet ice!}. I heart them grin

BTW we're in mid west France and it has been forecast for Mon. and Tues.

tacal Sat 12-Jan-13 16:55:52

It has been quite nice here in Glasgow. No sign of snow.

NuclearStandoff Sat 12-Jan-13 16:56:02

A few fat flakes floated past the window just now.

In South/borderline SW.

and it looks as if it is snowing inside because ds is making cupcakes and there are clouds of icing sugar in the air ...

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ppeatfruit Sat 12-Jan-13 16:57:43

Dh tells me its under 7C for the winter tyres sorry grin

Nothing here in suffolk .hope it stays the same !

Littlepumpkinpie Sat 12-Jan-13 17:10:10

Nothing in Nottingham yet smile

RozziRaspberry Sat 12-Jan-13 17:13:16

Been snowing on and off all day here, it's stopped at the moment and I'm really hoping it doesn't start again as I have to go out at 9pm to pick up dd1.

DeathMetalMum Sat 12-Jan-13 17:15:06

We had some flakes this morning for 5 minutes or so. I only know as I was outside at the time. Otherwise wouldn't have noticed at all, North West here.

Normally I would love it to snow but as I'm 30w pregnant im not so keen as it might make me housebound.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now