Snow watch!!!!

(838 Posts)

well, it looks like winter finally might be arriving!

First indications for snow are for this coming saturday as a low pressure draws in cold air . The met office arent really going for it at the moment, but the potential is certainly there. At the moment I'd say the biggest risk is for the midlands and central England.

After that there seems to be a cold few days but then the models start to disagree. GFS shows a positive snow fest for the 24th! masses of snow, but its a long way off and until we get much closer who knows what really will happen.

Shinyshoes1 Mon 18-Feb-13 21:01:49

Thanks smile

<does happy snow dance >

At the moment it looks like there might be some snow flurries. It might change though, so keep an eye out for updates here

Shinyshoes1 Mon 18-Feb-13 20:10:32

Due

Shinyshoes1 Mon 18-Feb-13 20:10:15

OYBBK !!!

I'm in Essex and are we die snow at the weekend . According to one website we are !!

snowflakehellokitty Thu 17-Jan-13 14:17:55

smile

digerd Thu 17-Jan-13 11:21:29

minus 5c last night and my boiler broke down grrrrrrr. Bit farther north in the the country it was -14c
Sunny and fresh air today and snow almost gone , yesterday, it had turned to ice.
Thames valley north.

snowflakehellokitty Thu 17-Jan-13 11:11:29

grin

we are on 'tother thread now smile this way!!

snowflakehellokitty Wed 16-Jan-13 15:49:54

grin

snowflakehellokitty Wed 16-Jan-13 15:49:11

Looks like heavy snow here fri in se is this right?!

snowflakehellokitty Wed 16-Jan-13 10:58:11

grin

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Wed 16-Jan-13 10:21:03

Ahaaa. Another Corn.

I don't think we've had one frost yet this year.

stubbornstains Wed 16-Jan-13 10:14:12

Where are you damn?

Just bloody shizzle in S. Cornwall at the moment. As ever. It's hardly dipped below freezing yet this winter...the nasturtiums are still running amok in the back yard sad

That's a good idea Gloria as this thread will fill up in a blink. Hang on.....

Yy yy new weekend thread...makes me believe we'll get proper snow deluded mrsa smile

GloriaSnow Wed 16-Jan-13 06:31:18

A 'slightly nippy' -4.5C at the moment ~ the temperature's doing that weird thing of getting colder just before dawn, as it was -4.3 when I got up!
It's DD2's birthday on Sunday. She's decided that, "it will be the Best.Birthday.Ever and she'll faint with joy" if it snows on that day!

OYBBK ~ perhaps a new thread is needed for the possible snowfest that might occur this weekend?

If anywhere in the West Country got snow id have thought it would be Cornwall. Spotlight forecast snow on Bodmin and high ground over night so there's still a good chance

TobyLerone Tue 15-Jan-13 22:58:49

Nowt here. Just heavy frost.

It can change stubborn.

Just looked out and we have a light dusting. smile

stubbornstains Tue 15-Jan-13 22:49:42

Meh, the Met Office snow warning map for the SW on Friday has a big yellow area covering the whole of the SW.....with the exception of Cornwall, which is just sticking limply out of it like a bad case of brewers' droop...sad

Temp dropped properly here to -4c. About time really!

sassytheFIRST Tue 15-Jan-13 22:09:43

Actually have rethought my previous post.

Two feet is the kind of blizzard I witnessed in an extreme north American winter. In worcs ??? Nah.

sassytheFIRST Tue 15-Jan-13 22:08:12

Omg sparkling!!! Hope that's wrong as we are in Brum at the NIA on Saturday and have dd2s bday party on Sunday.

A snow day on Monday wouldn't be unwelcome though...wink

Fantasyweatherforecasts.com I think OYBBK. grin Weather delivered to order.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now