Badkitten's 'will it snow at Christmas?' thread

(229 Posts)
OhYouMerryLittleKitten Sun 09-Dec-12 17:48:11

Just for fun smile

GFS had Christmas Day in sight now. Of course it's massively a long way off in forecast terms and it can't even make its mind up what is going to happen on Friday yet!

disclaimer: am only an amateur and this is my hobby. Please don't rely on it for any crucial decisions - I don't want you to get into pickles cos I got it wrong!

And now for the forecast......

<drumroll>

Labradorlover Tue 11-Dec-12 22:01:11

Had a flock of waxwings hang about the garden for an hour last winter. Had never seen them before...they are beautiful......

ArielTheBahHumbugMermaid Tue 11-Dec-12 22:43:34

If anyone lives on the west coast, then we are due an absolute BEAST of a swell this weekend. Get your cameras out and go storm watching!

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Wed 12-Dec-12 07:28:54

Cool Ariel!

What a shocker of a model run this time shock showing Christmas Day to be a mild stormy very wet affair. Bah humbug!

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Wed 12-Dec-12 07:29:24

Btw thank you smile

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......not wet and windy.

Pah, pah and double pah.

Hope you are feeling better today oymlk.

ajandjjmum Wed 12-Dec-12 14:18:34

OK Kitten - can you help with our outlook please? grin Leaving Southampton (on a ship!) on the 22nd for a week, calling into Bruges/Amsterdam/Copenhagen and Gotherburg. Please tell me the sea isn't going to be like a rollercoaster!

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Wed 12-Dec-12 18:44:26

Aj, is it a big ship with good stabilisers and a well stocked pharmacy?
Are you on the ship for the whole week?

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Thu 13-Dec-12 07:44:56

Morning all,

Looking wet, mild and very windy in parts for Christmas Day. Not the sort of forecast I like typing out!

Silly weather.

headfairy Thu 13-Dec-12 12:08:36

Pah, it seems the timing was out by a couple of weeks, this frosty spell we've just had would have been perfect over Christmas! I bet it's super cold and frosty the week after Christmas, it seems to swing from cold and clear to wet and rainy... I guess it's the European highs battling with the Atlantic lows <pretends she knows something about the weather>

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Thu 13-Dec-12 13:49:20

Tis exactly that kind of thing! smile

BelleDameSousMistletoe Thu 13-Dec-12 15:52:41

The sky is full of bloody snow waiting to attack fall from the look of things. sad

ArielTheBahHumbugMermaid Thu 13-Dec-12 16:04:39

Arf at "well stocked pharmacy" gringringrin

ThursdayWillBeTheDay Thu 13-Dec-12 16:11:24

Is this the travelling-up-hill-and-down-dale weather thread as well Kitten?

(it's me Bucharest, from south Italy,flying into Stansted next Monday afternoon and dp on 23rd) grin

I look forward to you getting me home every year!

ajandjjmum Thu 13-Dec-12 17:42:33

Oh dear kitten - that good eh?!!

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Thu 13-Dec-12 19:16:16

Certainly can be the travelling-up-hill-and-down-dale thread. Luckily for you all I've been signed off work til Christmas, so apart from the fact I'm rather drugged and could spout random nonsense and need to make sure that i do the resting ive been told to do I'm all yours.

Will just have a look.....

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Thu 13-Dec-12 19:21:50

Looking rather windy off the the south west tip of Italy on Monday and wet with a yucky low pressure. England looks fine for travel though at the moment, mild and maybe a bit showery. 23rd at the moment looks again low pressure dominated, not too bad in Italy, wet weather and windy weather moving in from the sw of England later on. Remind me closer to the time for that as things will change I'm sure.

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Thu 13-Dec-12 19:25:13

Aj yes, Fraid so.

Very Nasty storm now showing for the south on Boxing Day. It's rare that I see one looking like that tbh and I hope the models have lost the plot a bit because if it were to happen it would be the sort that gets remembered for years to come.

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Thu 13-Dec-12 19:28:26

Do you think people would like it if I asked mn to sticky this thread or would it be massively big headed and go horribly wrong given that I'm just an amateur?

ArielTheBahHumbugMermaid Thu 13-Dec-12 19:30:34

Shit! shock

Well hopefully that will mean I don't have to tramp all over the country visiting all and sundry and can stay put in front of the TV. Assuming there's power confused

headfairy Thu 13-Dec-12 19:30:41

No, sticky sticky sticky! grin I'm watching anyway, but I think lots of people would be interested in this thread cos we luffs you Kitten smile

Ooh yes Kitten sticky the thread. smile. I love your reports as they are so much more accurate than flaming BBC or Met Office.

Now, you're sure we won't get snow in central England on Christmas Day? sad

ArielTheBahHumbugMermaid Thu 13-Dec-12 19:32:11

Do you mean a wind type storm? And I guess you couldn't forecast the wind direction at this stage?

<goes to check tide timetables worriedly>

headfairy Thu 13-Dec-12 19:32:44

Actually reading that back it sounds like I'm saying no sticky.

Poor punctuation! blush

I meant No! <chants> Sticky! sticky! Sticky!

grin

CaptainNancy Thu 13-Dec-12 19:35:02

ajandjj, that sounds like a fab trip! May I ask who you're travelling with please? Is it a set cruise,or a normal shippping line?

poncyettia Thu 13-Dec-12 19:35:20

Very Nasty storm now showing for the south on Boxing Day

Are we talking a snow storm, rain and floods or high winds type of nasty storm oybbk ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now