Perhaps some snow for southern England.

(265 Posts)
OhYouMerryLittleKitten Tue 04-Dec-12 07:56:32

Maybe some snow for some of southern England and east Anglia in the early hours tomorrow. It is marginal and many will see rain instead, but I think that the chilterns may see some and perhaps the higher part of the Downs as well. Could be a messy mix, so don't get too excited!

Sparklingbrook Fri 14-Dec-12 16:56:48

grin OYMLK, two v soggy DSs arrived home today. Shoes in the airing cupboard to dry.

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Fri 14-Dec-12 16:55:00

We had a nice blowy spell, didn't really realise cos I was dozing on the sofa but dd arrived home looking like she had been hanging out of a cockpit window during landing!

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Fri 14-Dec-12 16:53:54

D&P don't worry, no model support for that scenario. Looking like mild rain at the moment.

Sparkling, it's been grim hasn't it.

Sparklingbrook Fri 14-Dec-12 16:46:48

It hasn't really got light all day here, the rain is torrential, roads have started to flood again. sad It is warmer though.

digerd Fri 14-Dec-12 16:44:49

Forecast was right last night , 0 at 22.16 and +5 at 7am and lots of rain but not wind here. +9 now. But it was very dark and dismal this morning in the house < peevy face>. Lots of rain all day. Just opened the door and skies are partly clear and feels very mild< happy face>

nooooooo not the 22nd <can't take another year of travel stress we fly that day>angry

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Thu 13-Dec-12 22:22:45

sad the start of the warm up.

There is yucky sleety rain falling in south west London. Oh the disappointment!!

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Thu 13-Dec-12 20:11:03

Well well, that is interesting. No support from the other models, but certainly something to raise the spirits a little. I will wait til tomorrow and see if its still trending that way before I get everyone's hopes up!

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Thu 13-Dec-12 20:05:10

Ooooo, I've not been following the ECM so much recently. Will take a peek.

I don't want the mush.
Just read this on twitter:@TWOweather: Sensational ECM 12z tonight. #thinksnow for many by Dec 22nd. Almost no support for this from the GFS 12z. Buzz later http://t.co/RAscoVpQ

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Thu 13-Dec-12 19:26:45

Sounds beautiful smile

What a shame that its all going to go to mush tomorrow sad

digerd Thu 13-Dec-12 14:00:28

Thanks kitten - I love it.
At 11,30 the skies were already grey, and still hovering around 0, but no precipitation < posh word I learned on MN>, and the frost still lingering. Noticed it was all in spikes, like rose thorns or bristles about 0.5cm or less. Have some gorgeous intricate lace cobwebs on my small conifers that I couldn't have done so expertly myself with a spray can, and artistically placed too. The grass was standing up in a short spiky hairdo! Awesome

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Thu 13-Dec-12 13:42:48

Fun, not in!

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Thu 13-Dec-12 13:42:27

That sounds like in digerd!

Bells, you are welcome smile

bellabelly Thu 13-Dec-12 13:33:51

Thanks OhYouMerryKitten, my mum's comments make a bit more sense now.

digerd Thu 13-Dec-12 12:01:04

Kitten
For years I did ballet, modern and jazz, and then taught, but now I'm old and and past all that. So now I go to line-dancing which is low-key, stepping and turning in styles of mambo, cha cha, rumba, jazz, waltz, including some cow-boy stuff too. My faves tend to be the flowing, floating styles to romantic music. But love having a mixture of styles. makes the 2 hours more interesting. <smile> I put up with the aches and pains afterwards !!< resigned face>

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Thu 13-Dec-12 10:37:20

What sort of dancing do you do?

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Thu 13-Dec-12 10:36:56

That's really irritating. I hope it hangs on for you!
We got our fences done properly after last winters relentless near gales. I love not having to worry about them. Got our gutters replaced too so no more frantic poking them with a stick!

digerd Thu 13-Dec-12 09:32:43

Last time we had stormy winds, I did lose some pretty lattice fence tops, and one is still hanging as have a climbing rose still attached to it . < sad face>

digerd Thu 13-Dec-12 09:28:10

Don't mind wind and rain if it comes tomorrow, instead of Saturday, as tomorrow morning I am dancing again and this time I am taxied to and from dance hall <grin face>. Will be walking this morning in the sunny crisp and even weather to Physio.<smile face>

Sparklingbrook Thu 13-Dec-12 09:21:55

It's all very interesting. I am looking forward to getting out of the minus temperatures but not the getting wet a lot. grin or maybe losing my fence. sad

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Thu 13-Dec-12 09:18:53

Oh sparkling sad I hope not too. In the grand scheme of things it wouldn't normally cause too many problems as it is only one day of heavy rain before a few days off from it, but it depends on how deep the surfaces are frozen in part. Longer term forecast isn't great though, lots of rain showing towards the back end of next week.

Sparklingbrook Thu 13-Dec-12 09:14:17

Blimey that chart looks terrifying. Wind and rain. sad

Sparklingbrook Thu 13-Dec-12 09:13:22

You know that pub that flooded OYMLK? They were about to open in November and they flooded again? They are due to reopen tomorrow night. I hope the rain isn't too bad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now