Perhaps some snow for southern England.

(265 Posts)
OhYouMerryLittleKitten Tue 04-Dec-12 07:56:32

Maybe some snow for some of southern England and east Anglia in the early hours tomorrow. It is marginal and many will see rain instead, but I think that the chilterns may see some and perhaps the higher part of the Downs as well. Could be a messy mix, so don't get too excited!

rubyrubyruby Wed 05-Dec-12 07:07:04

We have quite a bit here - Cambridge.

PseudoBadger Wed 05-Dec-12 07:08:31

Snow in north London! Laying, big flakes but not heavy grin

LtXmasEve Wed 05-Dec-12 07:10:10

Woke up this morning (in Oxfordshire) to a very light sprinkling of snow, but it started sleeting at about 6am so it's just cold and damp here now.

I hate the 'inbetweenness' of sleet. Neither use nor ornament as my granny used to say smile

Shinyshoes1 Wed 05-Dec-12 07:11:39

I'm in Essex we have but thick fat flakes settling very quickly . However I can see it going by the school run leaving nothing but a distant memory <sigh>

PseudoBadger Wed 05-Dec-12 07:16:24

I should add I'm on the herts edge of green belt, by the M1/A1/M25

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Wed 05-Dec-12 07:17:37

Snowing here grin happy days!!! Seems I was a bit pessimistic expecting it to stick to higher ground.

LRDtheFeministDude Wed 05-Dec-12 07:18:21

I've just woken up to a light dusting of snow. Very pretty, but it's melting off already!

I'm in Oxfordshire too.

It was a hard frost when I was walking home around midnight last night, though, and martyr's memorial was gleaming with it. Beautiful!

Ephiny Wed 05-Dec-12 07:22:11

It's more like sleet here really (east London), no snow on the ground sad

HousewifefromBethlehem Wed 05-Dec-12 07:25:56

It is snowing in Kent!!!

Woofsaidtheladybird Wed 05-Dec-12 07:29:06

Got nearly 2 inches here (am in the Chilterns) - eek!

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Wed 05-Dec-12 07:29:58

Or ground is already covered shock

It's always nice when I get a bit of the weather that I've warned about smile

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Wed 05-Dec-12 07:30:30

Happy happy!

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Wed 05-Dec-12 07:31:49

It's quite a thin band moving south quite quickly and narrowing as it moves south, so we are already nearly at the back edge of it. Perhaps some showers to follow.

ChristmasFayrePhyllis Wed 05-Dec-12 07:31:56

We have a weather topic? <gobsmacked> It's amazing what you can find in Active Convos.

Bearandcub Wed 05-Dec-12 07:32:04

Snowing here, SW London/ Surrey borders

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Wed 05-Dec-12 07:33:11

grin
Tis a great place to look for warnings of impending weather and to chat about stuff that bores the socks off many people

OlaRapaceFru Wed 05-Dec-12 07:34:08

SW London. It's been snowing for the last half hour - doesn't look like it's settling though.

Doyouthinktheysaurus Wed 05-Dec-12 07:36:04

God, I hope we don't get snow, I hate trying to get to work in the snow!

I'm on the South Coast, half a mile in land, so fingers crossed it won't get this far down.

No sign at the moment, just very frosty.

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Wed 05-Dec-12 07:38:02

Doyouthink if you are east of the IOW it will be with you by around 9am. Whether it turns to rain or not will depend on your upper air temps at that time, you may get a bit.

south of Guildford.no snow hard frost.please don't snowsad

McPhee Wed 05-Dec-12 07:43:01

I can see IOW from my bedroom window

I'd love a bit of snow

Is it too much to ask those of you 'up north' to blow hard in our direction?

Nothing in Crouch End, think I would have noticed it earlier as I've been up since seven.

Nothing here sad

digerd Wed 05-Dec-12 07:44:42

OH NO! Got up at 7am and snow on the ground and snowing. Think it's stopped now, but didn't feel that cold opening the door to look outside.
Minimum in the night was only 1.8 plus. Skies still dark clouds - should be rain not snow. Must be much colder higher up. Grrrrr. Thames valley area north.

Nothing here either, just clear and frosty. envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now