Perhaps some snow for southern England.

(265 Posts)
OhYouMerryLittleKitten Tue 04-Dec-12 07:56:32

Maybe some snow for some of southern England and east Anglia in the early hours tomorrow. It is marginal and many will see rain instead, but I think that the chilterns may see some and perhaps the higher part of the Downs as well. Could be a messy mix, so don't get too excited!

germyrabbit Tue 04-Dec-12 07:57:13

yes they said may be -6 for tonight on last nights news

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Tue 04-Dec-12 08:16:57

-6? I don't think that's likely, temps hovering a little above or a little below freezing seems to be about right I think. Funny tv forecast!
Mind you, the met office isn't even really going for rain tonight, tomorrow so lets see what happens.

thekidsrule Tue 04-Dec-12 13:15:17

i live in eternal hope,as i do every year grin

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Tue 04-Dec-12 18:05:12

grin
Certainly still the possibility for parts of the SE tomorrow morning. Nothing spectacular, just a little taste of winter.

Gets sleigh and looks eagerly out the window...

Backinthebox Tue 04-Dec-12 19:17:10

Happy joy! My only early morning start at work for the whole month (about 4am early confused) I'm in a fairly weather-dependent line of work.

Come oooooooon

headfairy Tue 04-Dec-12 21:22:14

OYBBK I'm hearing talk of more snow next week in the SE, accuweather is predicting several days of snow. I know it's a long way out in meteorlogical terms but what do you think?

poncyettia Tue 04-Dec-12 21:22:19

please, please, please, please......... grin

CanYouGetDownPlease Tue 04-Dec-12 21:24:31

Ever hopeful in Surrey <clutching sleigh>

headfairy Tue 04-Dec-12 21:26:25

canyougetdownplease me too, we're in Redhill. My South African neighbour is desperate for some, she loves a proper wintry wintergrin

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Tue 04-Dec-12 21:26:53

Headfairy, I think it might be a bit too dry for that, but I think it's the kind of scenario where snow can pop up very quickly. I will be keeping an eye on things!

headfairy Tue 04-Dec-12 21:29:35

Oooooh , ok, fingers crossed for a bit of humidity to go with our cold air then!

CanYouGetDownPlease Tue 04-Dec-12 21:30:05

We are in Epsom, Accuweather are predicting December 15th for snow...I hope so smile

headfairy Tue 04-Dec-12 21:31:27

The only downside I can see is that it'll be gone by Christmas. But it might put a stop to ds asking me every day when it's going to start snowing!

digerd Tue 04-Dec-12 21:35:55

0.8 on my front door wall at the moment. Just looked outside to see if cloudy - no frost- or clear sky - frost-, but can't see any stars.
Thames Valley area. It was 0 last night at this time but by 7am this morning it was +6, so warmed up overnight as clouded over, I bet. Oh, outside has gone up to +1.6in a few mins.

No, thank you !!

Merrycuckingfistmas Tue 04-Dec-12 21:38:39

Is it going to snow in Milton Keynes?

BabylonElf Tue 04-Dec-12 21:42:08

Anything forecast for Derbyshire?

<goes to hunt out sledge and snow board hopefully>

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Tue 04-Dec-12 21:43:51

Merrycucking, no idea I'm afraid, I expect not tonight, hilly areas most likely. However, perhaps later in the month.

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Tue 04-Dec-12 21:48:00

Babylon, not enough for sledging yet!

Just to remind you all I'm only an amateur and the professionals find it hard enough in marginal situations and this certainly is a marginal situation away from the north east.

rubyrubyruby Tue 04-Dec-12 21:48:03

I work outside.
I have 2 more days to work and then I finish for Christmas on Thursday.

No snow yet please.

Hulababy Tue 04-Dec-12 21:49:39

Am further north and only sleet been forecast as a possibility. Hoping so. I really do not want snow. I want to be able to drive to and from work, and get out and about. Too much to do to be held up with snow.

Merrycuckingfistmas Tue 04-Dec-12 21:51:19

I hope we get snow this year as I am on mat leave so won't have to fight my way to work like every other year!

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Wed 05-Dec-12 07:04:53

So, I hear on r4 that there's some snow in Essex and around the London area. Any reports?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now