Lots of rain warnings

(336 Posts)

Including amber for part of the south.

lubeybooby Wed 21-Nov-12 13:39:43

The other Leicestershire weather nut signing in. I can confirm it is indeed 'orrible. SO dark! rain rain rain rain. Still, I prefer this to being too hot. <hides>

DameMargotFountain Wed 21-Nov-12 14:05:58

the 1st two junctions of the a14 from Catthorpe are closed due to flooding now - east and west bound

eyeing up the canoe for the school run shock

Sparklingbrook Wed 21-Nov-12 14:11:02

The sun is now shining. confused

GloriaSmud Wed 21-Nov-12 14:15:44

Rain might be tailing off a bit now and it looks a bit brighter looking out to the west. Current measurements ~ 6.1C and 23.1mm rain.
Some film of water coming off a railway bridge and pictures of the flooding in Scotland from the BBC website.

Updated warnings for the next few days.

DameMargotFountain Wed 21-Nov-12 14:23:31

they've closed a school due the access road flooding in town, not easing here at all

Miserable here this morning, cold, dark and wet, but it dried up by mid mornnig and has been grey the rest of the day.

No wet play! grin

drmelons Wed 21-Nov-12 14:40:02

Our house has just flooded for the second time in 2 months. Am devastated :-(

EdithWeston Wed 21-Nov-12 14:50:28

Dark and heavy rain here too. Hope it lifts a bit as it's nearly school run time.

< big hugs and emergency choccie to the flooded>

DameMargotFountain Wed 21-Nov-12 14:57:29

drmelons

is there anything we can do to help? are you ok?

drmelons Wed 21-Nov-12 15:25:15

Thanks dame, we are ok. Nothing really we can do at the moment, we will just have to wait until the water goes and then reassess.

Tissues would be good- enough to soak up the flood water please. We could really test just how thirsty those bloody thirst pockets are!

DameMargotFountain Wed 21-Nov-12 15:41:14

<passes tissues over>

hope it's not too bad for you - will make a nice brew and drink it for you too smile

drmelons. How rubbish sad I hope that the damage isnt too bad and that you have helpful insurance. Do shout up if there is anything mners can help with.

Namechangeforapropertythread Wed 21-Nov-12 16:46:48

Thanks ohyou. It opens at 11 so we might be ok? . . .

Thankyou :-)

drmelons, that's awful. I hope you get it all sorted with the insurers.

at the moment I reckon you are good to go for friday smile

I love Longleat! Watch the tigers when its very quiet - one bit our bumper of our car and left teeth marks. I was very proud cos not many people in this country drive a car that has been mauled by a tiger!

Namechangeforapropertythread Wed 21-Nov-12 16:54:52

Ooh good. Will probably be a bit quieter too if the weather's been bad.

My husband won't let me drive through so I think we're doing the bus. (well he said we could drive and not do monkeys or go on bus)There's lots of fairly recent bits in the middle too you can walk through too my daughter likes. I'm impressed you have a tiger bite!

I'm all excited again now :-)

the meerkats are very very cute!

Theres no way I'd take my car through the monkeys. I swear they are fully trained mechanics!

Namechangeforapropertythread Wed 21-Nov-12 17:38:28

You're not helping my cause! I love the monkeys. They have removed the strip of rubber from the top of the car 3times now. And a windscreen wiper blade. And a mirror part. . . . But but but!

drmelons Wed 21-Nov-12 23:13:32

Had just had the last insurance payment through, fairly ironic that it came on the day we flooded again!

updated warnings

Couple of amber areas, including much of sw England and sw Scotland. Watch out too for the very strong winds, wide spread gusts in the south 50-60mph, some coastal areas reaching 70mph. This is enough to bring down some trees in the already saturated ground.

Could get some thunder and lightning too and possibly some weak tornadoes spin up.

Drmelons - I do hope you are going to be ok today.

Going to keep this bumped as long as i can as its going to be dire for many. I don't like the fact that some of the peak winds in the south will coincide with the afternoon school run.

Ahh, just spotted TORRO convective discussion warning of the possibility for tornadoes, torrential rain gusts to 70 mph and c-g lightning for all of England and Wales.

If any of you fb, TORRO put their alerts on their fb page. Very handy!

For those of you who radar watch, keep an eye on the radar today, a sharp line demarcating rain and dry is something you should look out for, (also look out for little breaks in the line)
Unfortunately I'm going to be working til 3pm today, so I need you all to keep an eye out for me!

Radar this morning is already looking 'fierce' but as of yet still unorganised.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now