Snow next week?

(211 Posts)
MegGriffin Tue 20-Nov-12 15:59:37

Hello
I just wondered if anyone has heard about it being really cold next week with snow showers?
Ooh I do hope so (fingers crossed for a snow day).

I thought so, thanks OYBBK.

Cold and wet here tonight!

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Tue 04-Dec-12 21:06:14

updated warnings going up to Thursday.

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Tue 04-Dec-12 21:04:35

Metcheck uses exactly the same output as the weatheronline charts.

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Tue 04-Dec-12 21:03:36

Well bbc weather is a law unto itself! grin

Potential is there for tomorrow, I think Fridays potential is more central and northern England. Just had a quick look at the charts for Friday, wouldn't be surprised to see some met office warnings if things haven't changed by tomorrow.

Thursday the 13th, Friday the 15th......

I've had my monthly look on Metcheck - another pure computer model forecast (I think).

According to that it's going to snow here from Thursday the 12th, through to the 19th. with a bit of sleet thrown in on the Thursday/Friday the 12th/13th. grin

DiamondDoris Tue 04-Dec-12 20:49:57

Yes - it seems to contradict the BBC South East's version - for snow early tomorrow, their's say Friday. It'll be interesting to see who or what is right.

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Tue 04-Dec-12 20:29:04

That should have said weatheronline!

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Tue 04-Dec-12 20:28:09

online was it those charts?
Remember that is only the GFS output, which is just one model (though one I look at a lot) it also has no human input to it, its a pure computer model without any common sense or experience, which means that sometimes it produces nonsense.

NotWankinginaWinterWonderland Tue 04-Dec-12 19:33:36

I have snow, big fluffy snow, I am now big fluffy soaking wet

DiamondDoris Tue 04-Dec-12 19:03:28

Aagh, didn't work. Google "weatheronline".

DiamondDoris Tue 04-Dec-12 19:02:59

This link (if it works) shows maps for the week and the pink bits show snow: http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=gfs&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=weas&HH=61&PANEL=1&ZOOM=1&ARCHIV=0&RES=0&WMO= I hope it doesn't snow much, a bit I can take. I'm in the SE but it doesn't show snow here til Friday. Local weather says tomorrow.

I waaaaant snow!

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Tue 04-Dec-12 18:28:57

Aww glaikit smile

Iseennodust, you never know, there is a chance.......

iseenodust Tue 04-Dec-12 18:14:38

DS is desperate for some snow. His friend who is coming to tea next week has just told me he's bringing his sledge. hmm

GlaikitFizzogTheChristmasElf Tue 04-Dec-12 18:12:59

Snowing here again and it's sitting on the frozen slush from yesterday! Poor ds has never walked on ice before he was just like bambi!

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Tue 04-Dec-12 18:11:06

Potential is still there for a bit tomorrow.

No sign of warming up at all in the next couple of weeks (maybe the far south will blip up to around 8c sometimes) with some very teasing charts.

MrsChristmasVamos Mon 03-Dec-12 21:58:37

I'll back up Meg and Glitter. But I only want a bit now...enough to cover naicely but then melt without the slush bit.

I have shopping to finish ! grin

oh please, please pleeeeeeeease.... .* backs up meg *

MegGriffin Mon 03-Dec-12 21:36:02

crosses fingers, legs, eyes, toes for snow in SE.

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Mon 03-Dec-12 20:54:21

A chance means quite probably not! But maybe.......

JustFabulous Mon 03-Dec-12 20:36:25

Eek!!

Coconutty Mon 03-Dec-12 20:35:03

Ooh, we've got snow forecast for Wednesday too, very light though and then followed by sleet.

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Mon 03-Dec-12 20:33:04

Just came on to say that GFS shows a chance of snow for the SE and east Anglia for Wednesday morning!

MyMamaToldMe Mon 03-Dec-12 15:01:27

I'm in Kent too, and if it can be arranged for it to start on the 22nd, that would suit me fine! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now