Snow next week?

(211 Posts)
MegGriffin Tue 20-Nov-12 15:59:37

Hello
I just wondered if anyone has heard about it being really cold next week with snow showers?
Ooh I do hope so (fingers crossed for a snow day).

DiamondDoris Tue 04-Dec-12 19:03:28

Aagh, didn't work. Google "weatheronline".

NotWankinginaWinterWonderland Tue 04-Dec-12 19:33:36

I have snow, big fluffy snow, I am now big fluffy soaking wet

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Tue 04-Dec-12 20:28:09

online was it those charts?
Remember that is only the GFS output, which is just one model (though one I look at a lot) it also has no human input to it, its a pure computer model without any common sense or experience, which means that sometimes it produces nonsense.

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Tue 04-Dec-12 20:29:04

That should have said weatheronline!

DiamondDoris Tue 04-Dec-12 20:49:57

Yes - it seems to contradict the BBC South East's version - for snow early tomorrow, their's say Friday. It'll be interesting to see who or what is right.

I've had my monthly look on Metcheck - another pure computer model forecast (I think).

According to that it's going to snow here from Thursday the 12th, through to the 19th. with a bit of sleet thrown in on the Thursday/Friday the 12th/13th. grin

Thursday the 13th, Friday the 15th......

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Tue 04-Dec-12 21:03:36

Well bbc weather is a law unto itself! grin

Potential is there for tomorrow, I think Fridays potential is more central and northern England. Just had a quick look at the charts for Friday, wouldn't be surprised to see some met office warnings if things haven't changed by tomorrow.

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Tue 04-Dec-12 21:04:35

Metcheck uses exactly the same output as the weatheronline charts.

OhYouMerryLittleKitten Tue 04-Dec-12 21:06:14

updated warnings going up to Thursday.

I thought so, thanks OYBBK.

Cold and wet here tonight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now