Snow next week?

(211 Posts)
MegGriffin Tue 20-Nov-12 15:59:37

Hello
I just wondered if anyone has heard about it being really cold next week with snow showers?
Ooh I do hope so (fingers crossed for a snow day).

BelleDameSousMistletoe Wed 21-Nov-12 07:32:05

I don"t think anyone who has to travel for work/school would look forward to it. sad

Even if you have a car with winter/snow tyres (which I do) it's bloody treacherous (not to mention a pain in the arse getting the tyres changed). Plus, it's not just you driving - anything can happen. Like when I slid down a hill of sheet ice and wrote my new car off

Bring it oooooon...

RooneyMara Wed 21-Nov-12 07:39:46

Yes indeed Belle, it's terrifying - I know people whose car was hit by someone else sliding unstoppably towards them. our car slid around like it was on ice skates for the first time, when I tried driving that time.

It was awful having so little control.

<pats self> I don't think I'm you rooney but I've never had it proven that I'm me either, so who knows!

grin

Try not to fret too much about next week, unless you live in northern hilly areas! And even then it may not happen. It does to me at first glance look a bit warmer and drier than yesterday's GFS charts

Charts for first week in dec have changed quite considerably. A teeny less cold than they showed yesterday and drier.

Must dash, going to be late for work!

End of next week is looking very interesting at the moment! Just be prepared in case the models verify.

PestoFrostissimos Thu 22-Nov-12 08:14:07

<<waxes skiis>>

grin

BelleDameSousMistletoe Fri 23-Nov-12 20:58:56

Any update, OYBBK? I'll be in Scotland on Wednesday/Thursday...

Sorry belledame, I've not had chance to look, lots of real life and lots of more immediate weather concerns. Will look in a bit.

Nothing really showing this coming week, maybe a bit of hill snow. The first week in December though...still showing potential.

BelleDameSousMistletoe Sat 24-Nov-12 07:25:54

Oh, thank you for looking.

Hope you're ok? Not flooded?

Helenagrace Sat 24-Nov-12 09:40:37

Noooo not snow!!! I'm moving on December 3rd from Lancashire to Sussex! Snow will wreck out plans.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

I'm ok BelleDame, thank you for asking. Will start looking properly again after this weekend smile

(Only cos the models are hard to keep up with with this storm a comin')

Bunbaker Sat 24-Nov-12 13:27:18

"Ooh I do hope so"

Ooh, I do hope not. I assume you don't go to work, don't have DCs at school a bus ride away and don't live on a hill. Snow is lovely when it doesn't inconvenience people, but it is a massive inconvenience for me on a weekday.

JenaiMathis Sun 25-Nov-12 05:15:14

I don't think the ground could cope with much more precipitation, tbh.

GloriaSmud Sun 25-Nov-12 08:46:22

I think that after tomorrow, there's not much rain forecast in the next week or two so the ground should have a chance to dry out. It's forecast to get colder though.

Bunbaker Sun 25-Nov-12 08:49:41

No snow forecast for here next week (South Yorkshire)

Yeah, Tuesday could still be showery, but not adding to the total burden of rain in the rivers really, then the risk of showers tends to be more towards he east and northeast which isn't so bad. Showers could become more wintry, especially over the NE by next weekend.

Labradorlover Sun 25-Nov-12 14:09:18

Come on the snow!!!! Last winter was shite. Practically nothing, just lots of fecking stupid wind.....

I'm not sure its going to be the start of a prolonged cold spell I'm afraid, some models show around a week of cold then back to wet.

GloriaSmud Sun 25-Nov-12 20:24:25

As usual, the Express has nailed it with their forecast! grin

Meglet Sun 25-Nov-12 22:40:54

How I long for a decent covering of beautiful white snow with the sun in the sky. We can manage on foot, and even in the bad winters the main roads are ok within a couple of days.

Just sick to death of grey skys and rain.

Deja Vu Gloria!

ClaimedByMe Mon 26-Nov-12 08:19:16

This winter is looking similar to last year, wet, grey and mild!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now