It's snowing!!!

(19 Posts)
BoiledEggandToastSoldiers Sun 04-Nov-12 09:03:05

Woken up to fields covered in snow, and flakes about an inch and a half falling thick and fast!

Is it here to stay OYBK?

We're in Dorset smile

PoppyWearer Sun 04-Nov-12 09:08:20

My DDad sent me a message to say it is snowing with them - they're in Wiltshire.

Enjoy!

TunaPastaBake Sun 04-Nov-12 09:10:54

Pissing with rain in Surrey angry

ChippyMinton Sun 04-Nov-12 09:18:03

envy
just had a thunderstorm thoughgrin

AitchDee Sun 04-Nov-12 09:23:15

Boiled egg you must be very close to me. We too had huge, heavy flakes of snow. Very exciting for 20 minutes.

EwanHoozami Iran Sun 04-Nov-12 09:28:08

big flumps of sleet here in the west country.

Jbck Sun 04-Nov-12 09:28:56

Its verging on quite sunny in Central Scotland, was frosty this morning though. DDs jealous of your snow.

BoiledEggandToastSoldiers Sun 04-Nov-12 10:09:01

Sun now out, and snow starting to melt sad

Still enough for a quick sledge down the lane smile

AitchDee we're in-between two valleys.

envy

Not here to stay, but rather nifty eh?! It's come from that little low pressure I mentioned in my storm thread. I thought GFS was having a laugh with its predictions and expected it only over the chilterns and Salisbury plain. It seems to have come from the combination of cold air behind this feature and evaporative cooling.

Going to look at the charts to see where else might expect some smile (late riser this morning!)

Possibly the chilterns still?

After the storm passes there's a line of heavy showers associated with another low pressure. Going to be some icy stretches in parts of Essex and possibly south Suffolk this evening.

PhyllisDoris Sun 04-Nov-12 10:58:10

Snow in North Wilts until a few minutes ago.

minxthemanx Sun 04-Nov-12 11:00:29

Throwing it down in Essex with icy rain, and am very glad football pitches are water logged so matches off. grin

Mathsdidi Sun 04-Nov-12 11:00:54

I drove through snow in the Lake District on my way home on Thursday night grin. It was far too wet for it to lie at all though sad I'm hoping for more but not this week as year 11 have an exam I need to help them revise for so school needs to be open.

seeker Sun 04-Nov-12 11:03:53

"Throwing it down in Essex with icy rain, and am very glad football pitches are water logged so matches off. "

envy We have a new 3G pitch- ds doing a rain dance because he's so excited about playing in a downpour!

Oh no seeker!

news report seems like a decentish amount fell for some!

GloriaSmud Sun 04-Nov-12 17:30:33

I love the pictures people have sent in, OYBBK
<happy sigh> Love seeing snowy pictures.

I was driving back from doing some shopping at 11am-ish and although it was mostly raining, there was definitely a few flakes of something snowy falling as well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now