Keeping a bit of an eye on Weather mid week.

(25 Posts)
funkybuddah Fri 19-Oct-12 09:25:01

In North Hampshire that rain was epic on Wednesday.

WE never get good thunder and lightening where I live but this was right overhead type thing, rain so heavy it came into my kitchen ( i was stood with the door open watching lol)

As for snow, YES YES YES! SNOWMAGEDDON!

I wasnt snow nice and deep that means kids cant go to school and thus I cant go to work, Although Id like it over xmas so we can have a cosy snowy xmas day

(I know you are all gonna pelt me with rotten foodstuffs now )

alcibiades Thu 18-Oct-12 18:55:13

Total rainfall here yesterday was 34.8 mm but that included a band of rain that went through in the early hours of yesterday morning.

As for snow in Hampshire: I want occasional sprinklings of snow, just to make everything look pretty, and a significant fall of soft snow Christmas Eve/Morning just for the kiddies (ok, and me as well blush). But no ice! Although we're fairly sheltered here, it does seem that once we get snow, it stays for ages.

ChippingInLovesAutumn Thu 18-Oct-12 08:30:13

We had a bit of Thunder & Lightening last night, but not a lot.

It's a bit mixed this morning, some blue sky & sunshine, with some dark clouds.

We need to take a Hampshire vote - who wants snow & who doesn't - then I'll decide whether to get my winter tyres put on or not grin

LadyFlumpalot Thu 18-Oct-12 08:12:09

North Dorset here, on the edge of the Deverills and it PELTED down last night. Kept me awake. We tend to avoid the more severe weather here.

Any one else having a lively evening?

met office warnings with some odd retrospective timings!

It's not a bad storm at all!! Good rainfall!!

We had a glancing blow ( further north) from a storm. I think we had about 6 mm from it but my proper data is on the main pc. 22mm today, so quite soggy.

alcibiades Wed 17-Oct-12 20:10:49

Yes, it was wild, and a bit scary to see that much rain. We rarely get severe weather here (fortunately). According to my nearest online weather station, we got about 11 mm in about 40 minutes (if I've read the graph correctly!). I don't know if that's a really heavy rainstorm, but it felt like it.

thanks for the update! sounds quite wild!

alcibiades Wed 17-Oct-12 18:02:52

Wall-to-wall grey, Kitten. Just had loads of hailstones.

cool alci! what do the clouds look like?

alcibiades Wed 17-Oct-12 17:52:45

Thunder and lightning here in southern Hampshire. Very dark. Heavy rain.

From the radar, it looks to be worse over Southampton.

Some wind warnings out too now. Coastal flooding could be a real issue.

Labradorlover Tue 16-Oct-12 13:34:32

South West Scotland and parts of Northern Ireland now have weather warning for rain for tomorrow.
Don't know why we didn't get one for yesterday/today....there's been loads of rain in Edinburgh and it's 7C. Feels like winter's here.

It does look quite windy along southern coasts on Wednesday with gusts perhaps touching 40-50mph in the south west along with a fair bit of rain.

grin I'm scared to proclaim on it too strongly one way or another just in case.....

BeyondLimitsOfTheLivingDead Mon 15-Oct-12 11:07:19

We should ask Michael Fish what he makes of it...

It is looking more like a rain maker now rather than the severe wind storm that was showing up as a possibility.

BeyondLimitsOfTheLivingDead Mon 15-Oct-12 08:23:02

I have a yellow blob weds and thurs smile
DH will be happy, he's off til friday

BeyondLimitsOfTheLivingDead Mon 15-Oct-12 08:20:21

Oo, i'm SW-ish... <off to check met office...>

Interesting smile

GloriaSmud Mon 15-Oct-12 06:46:01

Weather warnings now for the SW, for Wednesday and Thursday.

grin

TwllBach Sun 14-Oct-12 19:51:20

We had a jolly good storm last night in north Wales. I luffs yor threads I do grin <creepy>

Some of the models have been hinting at the potential for a nasty storm mid week. I think the odds at the moment are that it won't develop, but there is the possibility and so I'm keeping a close eye on it. Will update thread if it starts showing more potential.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now