Amber aurora alert

(9 Posts)
Labradorlover Tue 09-Oct-12 21:31:19

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-19883715
Last night, while I was sleeping.....

oh no Lablover!!!! never mind hopefully there will be plenty more.

Labradorlover Tue 09-Oct-12 09:15:32

AAAArrgggghhh...... went to bed before the red alert, and it was totally clear here ( 0.2C ) and someone on the Aurorawatch FB page saw them from the harbour round the corner from my house. Not even massively away from streetlights.

Haven't made the pop bottle, I just get alerts from Aurorawatch and check spaceweather.com and then go on wild goose chases away from lights, or like last night go to bed blush.

It went up to red alert overnight. A pity that a) I was asleep and b) it was cloudy.

Dianetics!!!!!!!!! I remember reading that when I was a kid at my grandmas house and trying to make little pyramids. They were equally effective as the detector tbf.

Shallishanti Mon 08-Oct-12 22:44:54

mmm it looks like when my dad made a model of the giant pyramid (it was supposed to sharpen blunt razor blades - if correctly aligned)

I know it isn't really! it's just that it makes my head spin thinking about it

Tis starting to look more promising isn't it!
I made the pop bottle detector a few years ago. Sadly it didn't do anything.

Shallishanti Mon 08-Oct-12 22:38:10

thank you !

have you made the pop bottle detector?

Labradorlover Mon 08-Oct-12 22:18:34

aurorawatch.lancs.ac.uk

Actually it's just dropped back to minor geomagnetic activity. I missed the aurora action last Sunday night. But it's the start of Aurora watching season grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now