Mondays weather warnings

(36 Posts)

met office lots of rain, gales in the SE

meditrina Wed 26-Sep-12 17:24:03

Thanks. My interest is I suppose quite selfish as a visitor. The people who live there will be glad of the dry days.

At the moment Saturday looks pretty dry with some showers in Scotland. Sunday looks like wet weather will move south, so not such a great day in Yorkshire.
SE should hopefully stay dry all day long.

meditrina Wed 26-Sep-12 16:58:55

How's it shaping up for the weekend? Or is it still too soon to tell?

I'm meant to be going to Yorkshire - not looking too good at the moment. Any chance of improvement?

thats ace piffpaff smile

quite shocking flooding problems the appartment block is close to collapse shock

Piffpaffpoff Wed 26-Sep-12 16:06:18

Beautiful day here in Fife now - started off with torrential rain and a spectacular thunder and lightening storm at 6am but since about 10 it's been lovely and sunny. I've got two loads of washing dried on the line hooray!!

Still raining here, but only lightly, so not so bad really!

Soggy start to the day here but it seems to have cleared for the moment. Phew!
Still some warnings around for today.

Still horrible here, DH has gone to the League Cup game, but I made DS1 stay at home.

The rain has actually got heavier in the last half hour, and Manky Cat obviously thinks its my fault. hmm

OodHousekeeping Tue 25-Sep-12 19:28:30

Lots of overflowing rivers in Cumbria.

That foam is very very cool - a giant foam party!!!

GloriaSmud Tue 25-Sep-12 18:19:24

Some photos of the flooding. And more of a fun thing ~ a foam covered dogwalk in Aberdeen!

You are welcome.
Some reports of nasty flooding for people. Fraid theres lots more rain for some tonight. Easist way is to look at the warnings page where the amber area has been extended until the end of the night.

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Tue 25-Sep-12 14:57:32

Thank you, that'll put her mind at rest for now.

Very wet in Manchester! I just helped out on a welly walk at school, and had to come home to get changed.

The rain is going from a steady downpour to heavy blustery squalls.

Lying water everywhere but no flooding in out area - we are not prone to flooding though.

Married, I'm sure your flight was oksmile how wet is it there?

Still looking nasty on the radar this afternoon for the Manchester/Middlesbrough band with the low pressure just sitting there and the rain band pivoting.

Am flying back into Manchester this afternoon and I'm terrified a bit nervous! What are the chances of making it in one piece?!

Piffpaffpoff Tue 25-Sep-12 07:36:05

Very very windy in W Fife, coming from NE I think. We're in a very exposed position (Hurricane bawbag last year caused quite a bit of damage to roof and garden) but so far it all looks fine. Not raining here, but was torrential lat night.

Looks like it lablover.

Gloria, that's v. Similar rain totals to mine.

warnings still a lot of rain in the Manchester across to Middlesbrough band I'm afraid. More wet and windy weather tonight.

Labradorlover Mon 24-Sep-12 23:55:25

Strange having it windy from the East/North East. With last winter still fairly fresh in my mind, the wind's not very bad.....quite breezy at 45mph gusts. And wet.....need a weather station with a rain gague.....but it's all sidey-ways rain grin. Waves looked huge on the Forth at high tide today.....Think we're getting it properly tomorrow.

GloriaSmud Mon 24-Sep-12 22:49:13

For us, I don't think this system was as bad as the 24 hours of rain we had back in June/July but there were still some pretty big puddles about. The rain started tailing off just in time for the school run this afternoon. By that time, my weather station was saying that we'd had just over 31mm of rain in 24 hours.

What's it like in other parts of the uk?

Hell, just had a quick look. It looks ok at the moment on GFS dry and quite warm but rain does look to move in in the evening so that needs watching closely. Tis a fair way off in forecasting land.

If you are in an amber warning area please take it seriously. Flooding risk looks nasty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now