Is sun protection a dirty word?

(4 Posts)
bacon Thu 26-Jul-12 19:18:13

Give me strength the number of women I see with spagetti straps and sun burn - its not a great look is it? Neven more I see babies in strollers with absolutely no protection at all, the hood isnt even up, their bear skin in the bright sun. Surely common sence would say get a parasol, UV protector, sun protector extender, cover their bodies. Toddlers and youngster no hat!

There are plenty of great products P20 for instance apply once! Childrens waterproof sprays, sun blocks endless.

No wonder skin cancer is on the up - common sence particualy with children has gone out of the window.

I dont want to see my children suffering in pain with damaged skin nor do I want to spend evenings with my skin on fire.....why do people not respect the strength of the sun?

funkybuddah Thu 26-Jul-12 20:24:16

I got burned yesterday despite constantly slapping myself in lotion, the kids didnt though??? It was factor 50 too.

I hurt today and I hate it

Mirage2012Olympics Thu 26-Jul-12 21:59:14

I'd agree with you.We spent the day at a theme park today and the amount of people with glowing red backs and shoulders who were still wearing strappy tops was unbelievable.A lot of people are going to be very uncomfortable tonight.

I work outdoors and always wear suncream [Soltan factor 50] and it has never let me down.But I always wear long sleeves and jeans despite the heat,but for some reason,get brown arms-my arms and the rest of my body look like they belong to two different people.confused

Bacon, if you're going to be so judgey you might want to get a dictionary. I mean, give me strength, it's no hard is it?

Or you can understand that other people aren't perfect?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now