So are we going to have a mild winter or will we all be snowed in again?

(14 Posts)
AngryFeet Tue 06-Sep-11 14:10:00

OYBBK or anyone who knows anything about the weather? grin

Do they start to predict this far ahead?

I wouldn't even attempt a guess at this stage!!

gazzalw Tue 06-Sep-11 16:50:54

Have heard it said by those in the know (countryfolk...) that there are loads of berries on the trees/bushes which indicate a cold winter - brrrrrr!

deardear Tue 06-Sep-11 16:52:20

definately loads of berries on the hedges and on the trees. was the same last year and look what happened.

stock up on the coal and firewood smile be lovely to have lots of open fires again

there was a thing online the other day saying we are going to have the worst winter ever this year. worse than last year or the year before. god help us!

iklboo Tue 06-Sep-11 16:57:43

Winter's coming.

GloriaSmud Tue 06-Sep-11 17:02:37

Some predictions here, mankyscotslass found this here (looks like they got the summer 2011 forecast about right!) and predictions from Netweather but only as far November.

Time will tell whether any of these are right!

picnicbasketcase Tue 06-Sep-11 17:04:21

Oh, I hope it snows. Enough for school to have the occasional snow day but not cause absolute chaos.

lubeybooby Tue 06-Sep-11 17:06:01

I love snow and these cold, cold proper winters we have had. Bring it on long as I've just done a big shop and got fire logs in

iklboo Tue 06-Sep-11 17:06:28

Not enough snow to mean DH can't work (no more losing money thank you very glad). Maybe enough for DS to build a small snowman.

booyhoo Tue 06-Sep-11 17:09:36

i cant afford for it to be very cold so please no snow, except maybe on xmas day when i'll be at my mum's and she'll hvea big log fire lit grin

Cheaptrick Tue 06-Sep-11 19:29:12

I am due DC2 on the 5th December - i'm so not looking forward to the snow. My first child was born in Feb 09 and we had to drive to the maternity ward in snow then as well sad

I think it will be just as bad as last wintre.

Marne Fri 09-Sep-11 13:04:11

My mother seems to think because there are a lot of berries in the hedge rows then we will have a very cold winter (not sure if this is true and my mother is often wrong).

I hope we get lots of snow in december, enough to be stuck (no school), so we miss out on all the christmas fuss at school and we get to have a nice christmas at home on our own (never had a christmas on our own sinse the dd's were born). As long as i have done my christmas shopping and we have enough food i would happily be snowed in for a while grin (but not for weeks and weeks).

I am hoping no snow , were away end of november and then first week in January and inbetween that if it snows I will not be able to get out of my house due to country lanes and being in wheelchair

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now