BLW with teeth?!

(4 Posts)
bikingintherain Tue 01-Nov-16 09:23:51

When I weaned my first two children I did mostly BLW plus a little purée.

Youngest DD is due to start weaning in a month or so but at four and a half months already has 3 teeth. Has anybody had experience of BLW with this? I'm a bit worried she will bite a chunk of something and more easily choke than a baby who learns BLW my starting off with sucking.

Thoughts gratefully received!

PetrovaFossil1 Wed 02-Nov-16 03:33:17

I'm doing BLW with my 7 month old who also has 3 teeth and haven't had any issues WRT choking. He got the hang of chewing very quickly.
The most difficult thing I've found is that he scrapes off the skin of fruit with his teeth (e.g. Pears) and that gets stuck in the top of his mouth and he can't get it out. Usually a few sips of water washes them away though (very occasionally I've had to fish it out)

bikingintherain Wed 02-Nov-16 07:05:28

That's really helpful, and will give me some more confidence in going that route again. Thank you!

HandbagFan Wed 02-Nov-16 23:19:15

Yup, DS is 8m and now has 6 teeth and no biting off more than he can chew so far! You'll be fine. Just keep an eye on them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now