Protein

(7 Posts)
iemma321q Tue 23-Aug-16 20:44:00

My 10 month old loves all kinds of food but I'm struggling to ensure I offer him a meal involving different proteins. I tend to mainly revert to good old chicken. What are your little ones favourite meals? What do you offer on sandwiches at lunchtime?

MiniAlphaBravo Tue 23-Aug-16 20:47:47

What about other meats? There's not just chicken. Fish? Eggs? Peanut butter? Beans have some protein in as well. My dd loves beans on toast or jacket potato or just as an accompaniment. Ham sandwiches, egg, peanut butter on toast, tuna mayo, fish finger sandwiches. There's lots of options. I don't think you need a variety of proteins in each meal, one source is fine, but varying them as above will provide a greater variety of nutrients.

NoCapes Tue 23-Aug-16 20:49:06

My 9 month old loves ham sandwiches
Also tuna, peanut butter, cheese, sausages
He doesn't have sandwiches every day though, we mix it up quite a lot or he gets bored

livinginabox Tue 23-Aug-16 20:52:17

Lentils and Dahl? DS loved that with some toast.

Eggy bread

Tuna mayo jacket potatoes

Sirzy Tue 23-Aug-16 20:53:26

Scrambled egg?

alicebiscuits Thu 08-Sep-16 23:50:12

Tinned fish has gone down v well - pink salmon. Boiled sliced egg also popular. Both are totally impossible to clean up and fairly stinky... But he does love them. I believe some beans are high protein...

oldlaundbooth Fri 09-Sep-16 18:52:03

Make bolognaise sauce, put red lentils in with the meat for extra protein.

That and cheese sauce - just put it on everything!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now