net bag on a handle (Nuby) - how to clean??!

(6 Posts)
christmasid2 Sat 13-Aug-16 23:22:34

how on earth do you get it clean? I've tried soaking it and scrubbing it with a toothbrush twice and it's still got bits of banana in it, arghhhhhhh!!!!

www.nuby-uk.com/view-product?product_id=784

dementedpixie Sat 13-Aug-16 23:57:17

I didn't really see the point of them tbh. Maybe just give the food to hold in their hand instead?

gallicgirl Sun 14-Aug-16 00:00:44

Bananas really soft anyway. Assuming your child is around 6 months and can sit unaided, just give them the fruit to hold.
Not apples though. They're a bit hard when you first start weaning.

dontpokethebear Sun 14-Aug-16 00:05:22

It can't be done. I was over cautious with the blw with dc1 and thought they were a good alternative. They are not. I soon gave up and just gave him normal blw type finger foods.

DownWithThisSortaThing Sun 14-Aug-16 00:09:56

Yeah I know a few parent friends who tried them and chucked them in the bin pretty quickly. They seem like a good idea but your baby will be fine just being given the food and allowed to get on with it. Google baby led weaning for some good ideas for finger food

fruitboxjury Sun 14-Aug-16 00:16:01

I tried with dc1 and binned it, just gave finger foods to dc2. Impossible to clean and really served no purpose, would suggest you cut soft foods into small pieces. You can boil things like apple and carrot to soften them, good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now