How do you manage 3 meals plus enough milk?

(6 Posts)
welshweasel Sun 17-Jul-16 21:54:23

I feel like I'm spending all day feeding DS (6 months).

At the moment his day is as follows:

7am bottle
8.30am baby porridge with fruit
11am veg/fruit puree
12 ish bottle
3pm veg/fruit puree
4pm bottle
6.30pm bottle and bed
11pm dream feed

Lunch and tea times have to be fairly fixed as that's the times they do when he's at nursery but once I've factored in nap times it feels like all I'm doing is feeding him.

Should I be dropping another bottle? I've already dropped one since starting weaning. I worry that he'll not get enough fluid if I do that though. Any thoughts?

bonzo77 Sun 17-Jul-16 22:08:49

I find the early part of weaning is just lurching from one feed to the next. It does improve. The routine you're using looks a bit odd to me as he has food at non meal times. Can you just do one thing at nursery and something else on days you're at home? I would try to merge the 11am solids with the 12 noon milk with a view to cutting that bottle. Then give milk after the lunch time nap, solids for dinner at 4-5, then milk at bed time and 11pm. Bit difficult if nursery are not flexible though. Mine is 10 months and has only just dropped his afternoon bottle. He dropped the lunch-ish time one though a couple of months ago. We use Gina Ford routines and they work well.

bonzo77 Sun 17-Jul-16 22:09:33

Sorry, meant to add, try to give some water at meal times, either from a cup or the bottle.

elvislives2012 Sun 17-Jul-16 22:16:29

Yup that sounds right, it's fairly relentless to begin with but it sales down

welshweasel Sun 17-Jul-16 22:16:37

Ah yes thanks I'll look at the Gina ford book again, we used that a lot in the first few months and it was great. He will have water in a sippy cup but not huge amounts. I think you're right that I need to cut a bottle during the day though. I was hoping to drop the 11pm one first but I'm a bit scared he'll start waking in the night if I do that!

elvislives2012 Sun 17-Jul-16 22:16:58

*calms down

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now