7 month not really that interested in food

(8 Posts)
tattyteddy Sat 28-May-16 20:39:40

Hello,

Just wanted some reassurance please. My DS is just over 7 months old and we started weaning at 6 months. He also has a Cows milk protein allergy.

Weaning has been very slow and he doesn't seem as interested in his food as some of the other babies in the classes we attend. But he loves his nutrimigen puraminio milk, he has about 5-6 bottles of about 6oz on average.

He has probably progressed a little though, initially he would only like pear, Apple etc and not stuff I made but Ella's kitchen! He has progressed to the fruit and veg pouches but again he prefers the Ella's kitchen. I've give him toast etc too and he does well putting them to his mouth but an awful lot ends up in the floor.

I can't remember my DD5 being this slow and she wasn't cmpa. Do done babies take longer to wean? The dietician has suggested we start the milk ladder challenge when he's 9 months, but I'm assuming he should be eating properly by then to do that?

Thanks

fluffikins Sun 29-May-16 19:19:21

My dd has cmpa and has been very slow at weaning. She's a year old now and only in the last month had she actually put food in her mouth and swallowed it on a regular basis. I have the added complication that she refuses to be spoon fed so it's been quite frustrating. But trust me it will get better, it's annoying but I bet by 10/11 months your lo will be eating far more.

Health wise there's no problem at all with slow weaning but my issue has been getting fats into her diet without cheese and butter so we have a lot coconut yogurt and olive oil mixed into potato etc.

fluffikins Sun 29-May-16 19:20:45

Oh and I waited for the milk ladder until she was able to swallow food well. The malted milk I gave her was the most she'd eaten in ages though, clearly sugary crap is a winner wink unfortunately she failed though so we're trying again in a few months

Xmasbaby11 Sun 29-May-16 19:24:13

Dd had no allergies or anything but was simply not very interested in food until she was 1ish. She ate small amounts but just wasn't that bothered. She wouldn't eat any solid things so blw didn't take. She liked most purees but would only eat 1/3 of a pouch max. She caught up later and now has a good appetite, although is very fussy (she's 4 now).

SnuffleGruntSnorter Sun 29-May-16 19:33:10

My DS suddenly became interested in food at about 10 months (no allergies etc, started weaning st six months with BLW). He's got a great appetite now smile

tattyteddy Mon 30-May-16 18:34:47

Thank you for the replies everyone, I feel more reassured. Since yesterday DS does seem to be eating a little more!

Dachshund Tue 21-Jun-16 09:50:05

I've been reading online all morning about 7 month olds who aren't interested!

Started BLA with my DD at 6 months, and now at nearly 7 months she's completely stopped being interested in food. She's probably only had a few mouthfuls total in the past 3 weeks. It's disheartening when I see my friends' babies chowing down on purées and loving it! She is EBF and a bottle refuser, so even getting her to try and drink water is a challenge.

I'm hopeful that if I just keep offering and offering eventually she'll cotton on. She's a boob addict and feeding constantly still sad

fluffikins Tue 21-Jun-16 12:23:02

Don't despair daschund, mine was like that but I'm sitting with her now at 1 year old as she munches her way through an entire spag Bol and she now drinks from a straw cup or 360 cup

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now