feeding 7mo bf baby, periods back :((

(11 Posts)
havalina1 Wed 04-May-16 13:03:18

I suspected my baby was nursing a little less frequently and today I got my feckin period envy I thought the mantra was 'food before 1 is for fun' but he loves his food! I give him puree'd food and hand held food (while we eat he soldiers on with a few stems of broccoli or whatever we are having and then after I offer him some spooned food and he always wolfs it down) I let him tell me when he's finished. We've probably dropped 1.5/2 daytime feeds... I can't believe my body picked up on a relatively small change and I'm ovulating again.... I should have guessed something was happening as my hair has been feeling greasy - total period flag!

Anyway is it normal for his eating to be taking over his overall intake consumed?

SouthDownsSunshine Wed 04-May-16 13:26:12

Gosh you're lucky to have made it to 7mo! I had no break from periods, despite being EBF.

Some babies do eat a lot quite quickly. I always think that phrase is a bit deceptive, because by the time they get to 1yo, they suddenly need almost all of their nutrition from solids, so it makes sense that they don't go from 0-1 overnight.

NickyEds Wed 04-May-16 13:48:16

Your periods can return at any time unfortunately, my sister ebf all three of hers and got to hers back at 12 weeks every time.

My dd took to solids like a duck to water. We weaned her at 6 months, by 7 months all daytime feed were very short, by 8 months she wouldn't bf during the day at all. She was mix fed so had always had a ff at bedtime and bf all of the rest of the time so this meant the end of bf at 8 months for us. I couldn't believe it either, my ds was still having milk in the day much later.

havalina1 Wed 04-May-16 16:52:57

Ahh I was being a tad naive then! Thanks for replying. With my daughter as soon as I started combine feeding I got my period, so t thought I was safe ... maybe I was lucky I got to 7 months!

Very interesting about your daughter Nicky, this little guy is definitely stopping feeds so this might come to a natural end. That does sound nicer though than the stress of weaning off the breast. We'll see! Thanks again

NickyEds Wed 04-May-16 18:03:41

I think it is much easier if they decide for themselves, also was gradual enough not to hurt my bobs. I was bereft though!! I had a proper sulk about her preferring shepherds pie to my breast milk!

Babettescat Thu 05-May-16 21:50:16

I got mine last week at. 6.5 months when BFs came down to twice a day as I returned to work and my baby ate solids for Britain. BF not if and night now and kinda feeling better in my body with fertility back

amysmummy12345 Thu 05-May-16 21:51:46

Mine started at about seven months when the food weaning started to up it's game...

havalina1 Fri 06-May-16 12:59:21

In a way I feel good about it, in an "overall" way... It means my body is getting back and continuing to change and do what it's meant to do... I had a lot of birth damage so I'm hoping the hormone changes will also speed up any more healing that may come.

I'm amazed at how sensitive our bodies are smile

NickyEds Fri 06-May-16 14:03:13

Prepare for broodiness. I've been terrible since I stopped bf!

ShowOfHands Fri 06-May-16 14:10:52

DD fed round the clock and exclusively. Periods were back at 11 weeks. DS fed efficiently with bigger gaps and slept through early. Periods stayed away for over a year. I despaired of my body.

havalina1 Fri 06-May-16 20:44:23

Oh my god i better not get broody I absolutely better not!! That's why I had two under 2! I had it so bad the last time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now