a few questions

(2 Posts)
iemma321q Thu 31-Mar-16 15:04:08

Hi

I have been weaning my six month old for a few weeks now. He is only having home prepared puréed veg and baby porridge. He loves everything I offer him. However I have a few questions:

1) I always offer him water with each meal. He refuses to drink any. Should I be worried about this?

2) I am still offering him his usual ff. He is drinking approx 1000ml per 24 hours. Do I continue to offer this?

3) Before weaning he would poo once every other day. He now poos a couple of times a day. Is this normal?

4) Where do I go from here? What should I offer him next? How many times a day should I offer him food?

Thank you!

SpeakNoWords Thu 31-Mar-16 17:38:59

Yes offer water with each meal, don't worry if he doesn't drink any for ages yet. It's just to get him used to the idea and the process, not to get a volume of water into him.

Re milk feeds, milk should still be the main source of nutrition for a good few months, food is in addition to this. I found that milk feeds dropped of their own accord as my DS got older, I'm assuming the same is true if you use formula.

Any frequency of poo is fine! As long as he's not constipated or got diarrhoea, or anything else unusual.

The NHS website says that you should aim to be giving 3 meals a day by around 8 to 9 months. It also suggests giving finger food too, if you're not doing BLW. As he's 6 months old you can give him pretty much anything food wise, apart from honey and obvious choking hazards like whole nuts. So you can widen the range of what you're offering, and there's no need to introduce one thing at a time, unless you've got a family history of allergy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now