Ella's kitchen first foods book

(8 Posts)
Fuzzyduck21 Sat 12-Mar-16 18:16:34

I'm starting to wean and I like to use books to guide me....does anyone have this book? Can you tell me how it describes portion sizes? If in ice cubes, does it say how big the ice cubes should be?! All the weaning recipes on their website talk about ice cubes but no idea about the size of cubes they refer to and how many cubes per meal. Thinking of buying but only if accurate portion advice is included!

Thank you smile

UmbongoUnchained Sat 12-Mar-16 18:18:21

Why do you need portion sizes? Just feed your baby and if there's any left keep it for the next day!

Fuzzyduck21 Sat 12-Mar-16 18:25:00

Just dont want to overfeed as no idea how much he should be eating. Any ideas? He's been having 2 tbsp over puree per day for coming up to 2 weeks. He would have more but don't want to overfeed so not sure what to do...

Fuzzyduck21 Sat 12-Mar-16 18:26:02

*2tbsp of puree.

Also tried him on a small pouch and think he would have had the lot but surely that's too much? He's ff and still having 35Oz per day

UmbongoUnchained Sat 12-Mar-16 18:38:07

You feed him till he's had enough. You can't over feed a baby.

UmbongoUnchained Sat 12-Mar-16 18:38:50

Give him his milk first then give him food. When he's had enough he will push the food out of his mouth.

Musikate1 Thu 17-Mar-16 09:52:28

My hv told me its not possible to overfeed a baby at this age. If they want more, let them have it, and if they've had enough they will let you know by turning head away, not opening mouth etc.

Also - the book - if you sign up to boots parent club you get a voucher in the post to get it for free smile

potatomama Mon 21-Mar-16 17:42:59

I had the book bought for me but never used it as we're doing baby led weaning. The recipes are all so fiddly, I wouldn't cook them for myself, let alone a dropping-things-is-fun baby.
Agree with previous posters that it's impossible to overfeed a baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now