How much water to give weaning 7mo?

(3 Posts)
trebleclef101 Wed 09-Mar-16 10:47:58

My 7mo DD has been weaning for about a month on a mixture of finger foods and mashed stuff.

She is not eating a lot by volume and as far as I can tell is still taking the same amount of milk as before (she is EBF and hasn't dropped any feeds).

However over the last couple of days she has had problems pooping and there was a small amount of blood yesterday when I wiped her clean so I think she is constipated and has a small tear as a result.

I have found advice on the net about introducing water to weaning babies to help constipation but can't find anything on how much to offer?

I am paranoid about giving her too much, filling her up and reducing her milk intake as this is where most of her calories are still coming from, but want to help her with the constipation.

Tia

dementedpixie Wed 09-Mar-16 13:06:01

I just offered a lidded cup of water at meal times for them to take as much as they wanted. It was only sips they took to start with and it took a few weeks for them to take much more than that

Baconyum Wed 09-Mar-16 13:08:33

I'd be focusing more on fruit n veg than water. Constipation at this point is more likely due to not yet being able to process carbs properly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now